16' Series Tow all height

coys 53

Oct 13, 2019
perth
Hello all
I drive an lr3 and at the present time both tug and tugee are at the same height unhitched when hitched I'm assuming the tugee will have a small dip.the tug remains level what do the brainiacs think. No wds used towed without sway using the l/rover hitch but changed to a bolt on.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Shouldnt be any change, assuming bolt on means a Tregg hitch or similar? If its still nice and level should be good....van aspect and poor loading will cause swaying, wdh applies more weight to front to eliminate porpoising, keeps front wheels on ground.

coys 53

Oct 13, 2019
perth
Thanks drover
As stated wheel arch dimensions are the same on the tug . Bolt on is not a tregg but a made for lr3/4 receiver mount plate

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thanks drover
As stated wheel arch dimensions are the same on the tug . Bolt on is not a tregg but a made for lr3/4 receiver mount plate

Throw a pic up so all the Brains Trust as well as Goofers can have a squiz......................Did a Google and while the standard 50mm hitch set up looked good some of the Euro hook type jobs looked suss, usually changig from a 50mm ball to a tregg/trig/DO35/McHitch whatever doesn't or shouldn't change anything on normal running they all perform to certain road situations, the hitch may require changes to shanks to get the levels correct otherwise no change.

coys 53

Oct 13, 2019
perth
Hope you can see this

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now I know !!!!!!!!!! Giving you a standard 50mm receiver............. 2 bolts is a bit of an eye opener thats possibly why they don't recommend a WDH, I would certainly make sure they are torqued up correctly and have a nice clean surface where the plates mate....
Normally have a bit of drop on hook up, a ball weight of 180 to 220 is a nice area usually too light and things can get bouncy same as too heavy but proof is in the towing.....I did a couple of short runs with Big Mal after getting the Jeep to make sure ride was okay as was in a similar situation.

coys 53

Oct 13, 2019
perth
Now I know !!!!!!!!!! Giving you a standard 50mm receiver............. 2 bolts is a bit of an eye opener thats possibly why they don't recommend a WDH, I would certainly make sure they are torqued up correctly and have a nice clean surface where the plates mate....
Normally have a bit of drop on hook up, a ball weight of 180 to 220 is a nice area usually too light and things can get bouncy same as too heavy but proof is in the towing.....I did a couple of short runs with Big Mal after getting the Jeep to make sure ride was okay as was in a similar situation.
Morning drover
It's a three bolt configuration and torqued to spec

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Having had a hitch near breakaway because the professionals fitted it, I always check myself now.......let us know how you go down the road but should be good, its a Landy so must be okay...