NSW Top Tourist Park Dog Fee

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Recently looked at booking the family into a TTP in Corowa. Two adults and two kids. Pet friendly so mentioned the dog and was told that it would be an additional $5.00 per night for the faithful hound. Never had this before and asked for the basis for it and was told it was "policy".

Out of principle I refused and went elsewhere (told them too).

Anyone else experienced this?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
That's ridiculous....haven't heard of that one before! We like to take our dog too, good onya for saying no!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
That's ridiculous....haven't heard of that one before! We like to take our dog too, good onya for saying no!

Think that's ridiculous! I've heard that the few Big4's that now allow dogs actually base it on weight, I can see it now, customer checking in, "Sir please place your dog scale, sorry you can't stay your dog is too heavy... :wacko:

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Think that's ridiculous! I've heard that the few Big4's that now allow dogs actually base it on weight, I can see it now, customer checking in, "Sir please place your dog scale, sorry you can't stay your dog is too heavy... :wacko:

Well we're stuffed then, we've got a 50 kg dog! Maybe they are going to start charging by the kilo.........

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Charge by the weight?

Are THEY going to feed the dog?

Big 4 park are run by sanctimonious wankers anyway. They regard themselves as special cause they have a bouncy pillow blah, blah, blah, etc, etc......

In my view its only their price thats special (OVERPRICED)

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
i dont agree with parks charging for dogs when no name parks dont charge there might be a few people sneaking their little dogs in the caravan prior to arrival we have a 50kg staffy may be there worried about the size of turds they might have to pick up and the extra water they might drink. Anyway I know its a rip off but still cheaper than a kennel at 25-35 a night depending upon the area

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
50kg! Is he American? My boy is pure English @ about 22kg....staffys are great dogs!

Cheers.

Jeez Burnsy, another thing in common.....l
We had an American staffy, she was such a great dog. She was a fatty, Andrew used to feed her an entire BBQ chicken every night for dinner, I'm talking skin and stuffing too. Luckily she died of old age and not a heart attack!
We have friends with staffy's, one of them a male, solid as, pure muscle and massive, I reckon he'd be tipping the scales at around 40kgs.
These same friends stayed at point plomer for 3 weeks over Christmas, and it cost them more money per day to put there Staffy into boarding than it did for their family of 4 per day for site fees. Crazy.....

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
seen as we are on the staffy page she is a british staffy but built like a boy and as tall as one and a big sook , if i put a hat and t shirt on her and sit her in the back seat i could pass her off as an extra kid , probably cheaper than the dog fee

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
seen as we are on the staffy page she is a british staffy but built like a boy and as tall as one and a big sook , if i put a hat and t shirt on her and sit her in the back seat i could pass her off as an extra kid , probably cheaper than the dog fee

Hahaha, yeah my boy is a big sook too!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I contacted the Head Office of Top Tourist Parks. IT IS NOT TOP TOURIST PARK POLICY. They don't care actually as they say each park sets their own. So the next time a Park says its TTP Policy, they are talking cr@p. TTP only appear to have 1 policy, which is to let their park members do whatever they want to.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We stayed at Riverwood Downs at Monkerai last weekend and were charged $4 per night for the old staffy. I should've given her a hot shower so at least she could get some sort of benefit for her!

We stayed there about 4 yrs ago now, our Border was just a pup, dont remember being charged for here, must have changed things since then.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you have but check your dog for ticks after staying there.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Took our staffy to Maryborough on the weekend no charge (not top tourist tho).We called in to the Talbot farmers market on the way home and the amount of people that came up and patted her was unreal,one older lady asked us how much we wanted for her with a chuckle.They are such a great dog.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
It's not all Top Tourist Parks that charge for dogs, my brother in law runs one and he said it would just be the odd one that would charge.