NSW Toowoon Bay Holiday Park

duncandonuts

Jan 19, 2015
Eastwood
www.duncandonuts.info
Just back from 8 nights at Toowoon Bay near The Entrance and 1.5 hrs from Sydney.

The park is quite large and caters to all budgets and holiday styles from tent sites, caravan sites, ensuite sites and of course a range of cabins.

It has a great camp kitchen, 4 amenities blocks, a large swimming pool, jumping pillow, pedal carts for hire and for those with fur babies, it is pet friendly.

The park overlooks the beach, is 5 min from a good sized shopping centre and 5 to 10 min from the golf course, bowling club and leagues club with great eating options.

We went to the leagues club, and I joined as we plan making this a yearly holiday. Got discounts on our drinks and the whole families meals which saved more than the 5 yr membership.

If the weather turns bad, there is tenpin bowling nearby and about 15min from swim centre and trampoline place.

There are markets most weekends at The Entrance, but with 2 litlle boys we didn't get there.

Overall a great park and prices are pretty good considering the great facilities on offer.

Last edited:

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Thanks for the review, we are going here in 3 weeks, a few families with kids, some in cabins and some with vans.

Pricing seemed very good compared to the big4 parks and seems to have the same amount of things for the kids.

Will also update the thread with any relevant info.

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
We live 500 meters from the golf club, walking distance to the caravan park. Lived here all my life, drive past it every week but have never stepped foot inside the place. Toowoon bay as a nice beach (sheltered great for little ones) Shelly Beach, next to us is good too (surf beach with cafe).

Hope you have a great time!

Reactions: bigcol

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Thanks @JT76,

We used to have an on site van down at Duncans caravan park facing Tuggerah Lakes, we have always loved the area for a weekend away.

We were going to stay at Blue Lagoon but it was booked out so found this place on trip advisor with good reviews. It seems to be perfectly located for lunching out at the diggers or Tigers clubs, and the beach sounded just right for the young ones to play around on.

I wont be bringing my clubs up for a round this time but might go for a wander and check it out for next time, something tells me its going to play like a links course being so close to the shoreline.

Reactions: bigcol and JT76

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
Blue lagoon is a nice place too. For a feed Bateau bay sports club is better then the rest mentioned. We walk there once a week. Indoor playground for the kids and the food is way better. Tigers is not bad too.

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Hey Guys,

Just spent 3 nights here and loved it. Travelled with 5 families and there were 13 kids between 2-17yrs, 2 stayed in cabins and the others in vans.

We arrived Thursday lunch time and the place was very quiet. Very friendly welcome and easy check in process. Our site was plenty big enough and getting on to it was easy as we basically just drove through on to it. Amenities were clean and efficient, pool was great for the kids and the jumping pillow was huge. On Sat and Sunday morning they have a pancake van that does pancakes and mini doughnuts, very nice!!!

It was only a short stroll down to the beach or you could just look out over the ocean from on top of the hill. There are resident vans and cabins on site and all were well taken care of by the owners which says a lot about the type of place it was.

The van sites were not on top of each other which was good and everyone was friendly. The park did fill up on Friday and Sat but the place was big enough for it not to feel packed. Having the sound of the ocean waves crashing was nice at night time and the breeze was very welcome on the weekend.

Pricing was very reasonable compared to the Big4 places we go. The only difference I could see was the amount of kids activities to do during the day but other than that we all agreed it was somewhere we will look forward to going again.

My sister in law already booked a site for her next trip in Feb, there are 3 sites side by side that sit right on the tip of the hill overlooking the beach and ocean, very nice.

Thumbs up from us.