Toilet Troubles!

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hey guys,

Before I order the new parts I "think" I need, just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen.

Over the weekend our top tank on the toilet ran continuously and filled the holding tank to the point where the top tank ran out of water. We could stop it by turning off the Battery Isolator switch as we were free camping.

After I removed the Control Panel as seen in the pic below it would stop the pump running.

32320-m.jpg
I had a look and noticed that the button which is soldered to a circuit board had quite a lot of corrosion, so am presuming it is that. There was also quite a bit of moisture in the compartment when I removed the panel.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
More info, maybe a pic of circuit board, the switch may just need a bit of a hit with a board cleaner, (a WD40 for circuit boards but the name escapes me) and a check of the seal. Haven't pulled mine apart as yet so I'm winging it, but a small bit of moisture just causes the spring in the switch to jam. If you can pull the board out clean and dry the unit and housing.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
More info, maybe a pic of circuit board, the switch may just need a bit of a hit with a board cleaner, (a WD40 for circuit boards but the name escapes me) and a check of the seal. Haven't pulled mine apart as yet so I'm winging it, but a small bit of moisture just causes the spring in the switch to jam. If you can pull the board out clean and dry the unit and housing.

The button on the board is actually moving. I am not real keen on giving it a magic spray as you are just delaying the inevitable. If it happens while we are out it could be messy!

Happy to pay the $43 for a new unit and see how I go!

Reactions: Drover

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Not sure if you can see it but on the circuit board is the button used to flush the toilet which locked on. As you may be able to see there is a lot of corrosion around the area, which obviously caused the fault. I tested the new one against the old one and there was a noticeable click when you pushed the new one and barely any noise with the old one. Installed the new one and she's all ready for two weeks holidays on Thursday!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0348[1].JPG
    IMG_0348[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0347[1].JPG
    IMG_0347[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 205
Reactions: cruza driver

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yeah, would have been beyond saving with a spray can, sometimes it's easier just to replace the unit. Though sometimes a good clean up and protection will give years of life to some boards, just depends how well you can keep the moisture away. Have a great holiday, mine goes in to get fixed soon,yay.