Interior Thetford toilet

carco

Jan 20, 2019
Gympie
Bought a 17.56.2 and previous owner's 4-boys were crook shots in the toilet.
No matter how much I clean the cubicle, adjacent cupboards etc there's a distinct stink.
I want to inspect under the toilet and the Thetford exploded view shows a kick panel with clips.
Plastic panel is mega flimsy and I'm a bit concerned about just pulling it as I have no clue which way the clips are holding.
Has anyone else ventured under their toilet?

carco

Jan 20, 2019
Gympie
No mate she's been scrubbed to death, yet still stinks if the van is closed up.
Spoke to the local caravan man today and he gave me the gen on how to pull the unit out.
He said they pull the toilet/basin units out of trade-ins in order to clean under the shower tray etc.
He knew exactly what I was talking about.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, so you have the toilet shower ensemble, that will be a gagging moment when you get to look behind the fascia I think....... A good opportunity to refit it all better than original so water doesn't get behind, reseal the floor and walls, you can even add a small drain....if the can overflows there is only room for a cup full to be saved then it will flow inside and a right mess, hence the better sealing and drain......On our 14 I stuck some mirror tiles above the basin, come up quite well and they stayed there.