Interior Thetford Toilet not flushing

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
Howdy all, my Thetford toilet in my Jayco 18.57 has decided not to flush. No lights on circuit board on flush button, contact button/switch seems fine. Contact switch for toilet cassette in cavity seems fine. Pump looks and tests ok. Has anyone had this fault at all? Is it something simple I am missing, or is this a potential easy fix. It's the model that appears in most Jayco ensuites in the toilet shower combos.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Other than the obvious fuse check is the main switch for interior lights on ??, on some this was required to operate the toilet.

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
Yep, tried the fuse but didn't know about the interior main light switch. But regardless it doesn't work during the day or night. Will double check that wiring diagram as it may give me a starting point to fault find back from. Thankyou.

Reactions: Drover

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Mi e did the same thing, was either the pump or the controller, have changed both as both have been faulty and can't remember which symptoms for which. Was not super pricey for either part but is fiddly to change out.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Depending on the model thetford you have another thing to look for is a 3 Amp fuse under the unit (Where the cassette slides in... Not sure if they all have them?)

This link might help if it has your model listed..... Thetford Toilet Repairs PDF
Had a similar issue with our last van and ended up having to replace the fuse holder as it was damaged causing the fuse to blow!

Reactions: Rockape and Drover

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
Checked this fuse. It also has a pressure contact switch that won't allow the toilet to be flushed if the cassette is not in place.. Yep water in the tank and additive in the reservoir so I have no idea now. Taking it up the farm to sleep in on the weekend so mite have to flush Mr Hankey away with the shower head that we have been using of late.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just walk the multi meter along the wire or shower nozzle sounds good though.

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
After testing every wire and switch it seems it is likely the pump. Power at both circuit boards, power at button but no Action on the pump. Will order a newie and will once again be able to flush my cares away.

Reactions: Sammy D

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Our toilet has stopped flushing a few times. We have replaced the pump twice - I get the genuine pumps from the UK as per the link in the post from @Drover.

The other time the flush stopped was as a result of some water in the sub floor under the toilet and the wires getting we and rusting. Auto electrician found that "surprise". Removed the white circular covers installed under the toilet area. - under the van's floor.

Good luck

Rohan

Duncanblake36

Nov 17, 2016
Doreen
My toilet stopped flushing last trip as well. Thought it was the pump so bought a new one as it was though it was seized as there was the slightest movement in it - Volts measured ok. No so. Turned out that the power cable from the main fuse box had some crappy joiner in it. Pulled on the power lead and it came out. Must have been connected with a single wire. The wire broke right up in behind the guard. I ended up running a new cable from the fuse box. Problem fixed and now I have a spare pump which is a bonus!

Reactions: dagree