Interior Thetford fridge not lighting in gas.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
FYI last weekend while away we couldn't get the thetford lit on gas. We bled the gas through the hot plate, pumped the gas fuse etc. it would backfire but not light. It was set on about 4 After about 20mins I turned the temp down to 2 and it lit straight away! Pretty obvious when you think about it backfiring and probably blowing the flame out. Only difference to previous starts which have been difficult before but this time it was never going to start. Was that it was on 4 (usually 31/2) and it was the coldest ambient we had ever been in.

I reckon the thetford uses more gas than the Dometics and it certainly gets down to temp faster than the dometics so I suspose it must have a bigger jet/larger flame?

Anyway going to start it in 2 from now in and see.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
@achjimmy the Dometic lighting instructions on the sticker inside the door, state to set the dial to a certain number before lighting, so you've likely spot on with that

Yeah I thought someone would call me on the "instructions" never read them ! It'd be Un-Australian to do that :D

WHAT
read instructions...........................

what is this nonsense............????

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Instructions???? What are they?
35rrs2.jpg

GregW

Jan 30, 2013
Perth
Im sure i read somewhere that the Thedford fridge will not start on gas for 15 after the van has stopped a settled, something to do with leaving the gas running when the van is moving