Electrical Thetford Fridge Error Code 10

Bennov

Feb 27, 2016
Ringwood, vic
Hi All,

Issue with Thetford fridge error code 10, 240V supply only. Gas and 12v works fine. Code appears to be input power supply problem based on troubleshooting guide I read. I had an issue with popping fuses at park last trip and expect this was the problem. Troubleshooting guide indicates I need to replace power board. I'm reasonably handy but read something about needing to remove fridge and problems resealing. Any suggestions?
Fridge is N3000 Model B around 2016.

Much appreciated

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi All,

Issue with Thetford fridge error code 10, 240V supply only. Gas and 12v works fine. Code appears to be input power supply problem based on troubleshooting guide I read. I had an issue with popping fuses at park last trip and expect this was the problem. Troubleshooting guide indicates I need to replace power board. I'm reasonably handy but read something about needing to remove fridge and problems resealing. Any suggestions?
Fridge is N3000 Model B around 2016.

Much appreciated

Hi @Bennov , I am no expert on your model fridge nor on the replacement of power board. If you are reasonably handy and are careful, the removal of fridge is straight forward, if a little tedious disconnecting the 12 volt line, the 240 volt line and the very important gas line (use two spanners to disconnect/reconnect at all junctions). Then the screws which hold fridge in position at the back and on the front cover. From your post, it seems that the power board cannot be repaired/replaced or the wiring checked through the side access panel, hence the reason for moving fridge to gain full access to do repairs. Use a reliable multimeter and check all 240 volt wiring and the heater for shorts or other problems before embarking on a new power board. But it may be obvious on the board itself. The "resealing" refers to the sealing foam/rubber strip between the front of fridge and cavity for the fridge when refitted back into position. This sealing is very important and prevents any gases or fumes from the gas burner entering the internal part of van and putting you to sleep PERMANENTLY! (carbon monoxide poisoning). Rolls of foam stripping with adhesive backing are available from Bunnings and are pretty cheap. Not all the answers, but I hope this helps. The fridge manual for this model will be helpful. Good luck.

Bennov

Feb 27, 2016
Ringwood, vic
Thanks for the insightful advice @Boots in Action, particularly the bit about accessing from the rear panel.... which I opened and located the powerboard! Much easier than removing the fridge. I haven't replaced it yet, a bit nervous about spending $250 on the new board and finding it doesn't resolve the problem. I might ring round some repair agents this week and try and extract some information out of them.

Legend mate, cheers

Reactions: Boots in Action

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Thanks for the insightful advice @Boots in Action, particularly the bit about accessing from the rear panel.... which I opened and located the powerboard! Much easier than removing the fridge. I haven't replaced it yet, a bit nervous about spending $250 on the new board and finding it doesn't resolve the problem. I might ring round some repair agents this week and try and extract some information out of them.

Legend mate, cheers
Did you find the problem ?? With error 10

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
I would suggest unplugging the 240 heater wires and testing the heater resistance - both wire to wire and wire to earth. To confirm it's not a heating element fault. Not sure what the element should be but around 1 ohm is my guess