Interior Thetford C400 series Toilet pump

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Does anyone know how to remove the pump after the control pane etc is off. It doesnt just lift out as per Thetford instructions. There must be a trick to it before I lose anymore skin.
Thanks

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Mate, after you remove the panel run you hand down inside the water and you should feel the pipe that connects to the pump. Just it a bit of a pull and you should be able to pull the pump out that the hose is connected to.....it has worked for me as I’ve had to replace the pump before....

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
as aove just need a small hand and a it of jiggling, I replaced my pump with one from a 12v portable shower much cheaper and still going after 3 years

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
as aove just need a small hand and a it of jiggling, I replaced my pump with one from a 12v portable shower much cheaper and still going after 3 years

Thanks for replying, I gave the pipe a good tug and it unclipped the fitting that goes into the bowl, I think I will try and get a more flexible hose when it goes back. The impeller was jammed solid. Some silicone spray and away it went, the hose itself had no flex at all. Not sure how long it will last.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
I just put a flat blade screw driver under the edge and very carefully levered it up, then unclipped the wiring and then pulled out the next tray that the wire goes through and then you're in.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for replying, I gave the pipe a good tug and it unclipped the fitting that goes into the bowl, I think I will try and get a more flexible hose when it goes back. The impeller was jammed solid. Some silicone spray and away it went, the hose itself had no flex at all. Not sure how long it will last.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but yeah it won’t last. Get a pump now I bought some from the UK heaps cheaper than here even with postage.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Well pump now fixed but you gotta ask the question who would design a unit with an opening smaller than the average persons hand when all it needed was an inspection hatch that you could unscrew that had all the switch etc attached. Be prepared to lose skin and practice you're yoga flexibility exercise before starting.