The word we all love...mod

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys, the father in law assisted with a few alterations to the front of my 1649.2 on the weekend. We installed an aluminium box in front of the gas bottles with enough room to still operate the jokey wheel. I had about 240mm deep to play with and found a suitable box for $150 in the clearance section of MWTolboxes website, an unusual size so I think it was a custom order gone wrong...suited me fine. It fits under the bed base by about 50mm.

th_918429c4.jpg

We also moved the gas pipes and regulator to one side and mounted it on the rear of the gas bottle stand, fits really well. I generally unhook and remove one bottle for the BBQ away from the van when we camp so I now have one bottle hooked up to the van and the other one is in the rack as storage, suits me well.

th_83ea2ea3.jpg

th_e1d358c2.jpg

What that has done is that it has opened up a nice piece of space between the gas bottles behind the box....perfect for my fire drum that will be clamped down.

Everything can be removed with a few bolts to access the spare.

Hopefully the pics worked...

Cheers,

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Cheers, I was always a bit uneasy with all that thin pliable copper being so exposed. It is now coiled in behind the gas bottle. Now that the front is sorted I will look at a stone guard.