The table

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
When we took delivery of the Swift, the table had been left in it upright position. When we packed up the van to fold it up, I collapsed the table down into the bed position. My question is this: For travelling my gut instinct it to put the table down. Am I correct or did those of you with experience leave it up?
It is common sense to put all heavy objects, example the microwave, on the floor. But I did wonder about the table.
Just as a point of interest, today we put the van up as a practice run. With two of us at it, it took right on 15 minutes to have it fully set up. There are 5 of us. Me, Stephanie, and our three kids. The kids of course did nothing. But we did make a few discoveries along the way. Stephanie cant find the bottom holders for the legs of the rear bed. That'll be my job. Also we need to say who does what to save doubling up and tripping over each other.
Might seem trivial to you all who are experts. We are just learners.
Roll on Saturday!

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi Stan,

With our swan we always put the table down flat as that is what our dealer told us to do, but it also is a great place for storing light things like doonas, pillows, outside table, etc.

Duncan

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
stan, i had our old swan packed to hilt ( i'll try to dig out an old pic in the coming days), i consentrated the most of the weight on the table as it is central position of the van and it made weight distribution easy to cope with. i was most noticable for some reason during our shorter getaways that the swan never towed well light, would sway. hence table down and loaded central made fantastic for towing. cheers hope this help in your travels.

FINALLY FOUND THE PICTURE AS MENTIONED ABOVE. THE 2 TALL BOYS ARE FULL OF CLOTHING (2 EA FOR THE KIDS). CHEERS.

Attachments

• P3100011.JPG
    P3100011.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 442

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Just a comment. We went to Sheepyard Flat with the forum. Not withstanding the eldest daughter getting crook, the tr ip was perfect. The Challenger didn't know the Swift was behind it. I put the table down and as suggest put pillows and weight light stuff on top.
In fact we enjoyed the trip so much hoping for a repeat performance