Starcraft The Starcraft is Ready

Got the email I've been waiting for - the 17.58.1 we ordered has left the factory and is on its way to Mildura! I was kinda hoping it might be delayed so they would have fixed the problem of the window placement and door, and maybe the over bed lights, but I think that's a dream! Now to find some time to go to Mildura for the weekend and pick it up...!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Unfortunately the minor issues may not have been sorted... but the good news is you get the new baby home :encouragement:

Reactions: MarkGroote

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Mark I think you might be in luck might with the lounge window mate. That drawing I posted with the window moved was fresh that our dealer requested from Jayco at the start of May. They sourced it because we were trying to sort out whether the kitchen window was there or not (they had one of each on display) . We ordered a week later and were locked into the July build, so fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: MarkGroote

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Mark congrats and not long now..you can smell it :)
We need to organise a 17.58 meet up some day as seems a few of us soon:)
Our kitchen window was removed and no one told us, so there is a chance the lounge window has been removed if just made and no one will tell you. :) Same with the bed lights.. Once they change I think they do it straight away and tell no one the plan they signed off on has changed.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi mark I was expecting August and Late tbh. I had totally forgotten about a July build, till your thread reminded me. I have asked to inspect mine whilst in holding before Rego, detailing etc.

halbster

May 13, 2014
We must have ended up on the same build run Jimmy cause ours is due end of August as well, might see you out at st Mary's. Let us know how your pickup goes Mark Groote.

I was initially told it was in the july run but wouldn't be ready until late august...either way I'm still excited! i now need to decide on towing mirrors, and looking at motorised caravan movers - I have a very narrow street and driveway, and a mover might be the only way I can get it in the carport...anyone have recommendations on towing mirrors or any experience in caravan movers?

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Towing mirrors is a hot subject. Aussie truck are good, but can mark paintwork. Clip in door mirrors can cause mirrors to fold in. I have tried lots and ended up using cheap clip ons.

Mate had a Cravan mover, unknown brand, the typ that was fixed to the chassis and drive the van wheels, it worked well until it took a stone hit on a dirt road.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Whats the car Mark? We got some brunsgaard for the Disco and they have been good the few trips we have done... We had problems finding some to fit the Land Rover
http://universaltowingmirrors.com.au/

Moving the van.. Purpleline looks good if you want connected to a van. Jayco when we enquired said they could not put the movers on the outback so we left it. When we went to Jayco to pickup the van they had a new jockey wheel replacement one called a Opitec. Tempted as looks a lot easier not sure it will do our hill.. He said we could pay take his demo if we did not like it return it.. So yes still tempted.

Thanks @davemc ...we have a prado and was looking at the brunsgaard or the mileno...I had a cheap clip on pair, but it kept folding the mirrors in when we went past a truck. I think I'll just need to bite the bullet and go with one or the other.

I hadn't seen the Optitec...we have to go through a gravel drive, although it's getting the van into the driveway which is the problem (I can hook the car back up and reverse it through the gravel!) do you know how much they are? I've found a second hand 'power wheel' on ebay - still over $1000 though :( still, cheaper than a divorce!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
$1500 they say.. Had another look at website after posting before
http://optitec.com.au/caravan-trailer-mover-operation-video.html

We have actually rocks up the top not even gravel so pretty sure it will not make it...
Been thinking of putting down concrete up the top just have to get some quotes. Although we have a hill to get up.. I think I freak with the van going up with only this pushing..

Yes well there was a lot of shouting and yelling about left not being left last time.
It does not help the hill slopes away as well. and we have around 50-60cms each side so it angles towards the gates :(