Just Browsing The phone call you don't want

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
geeze that's a barry crocker, that's where we got our van from, the yard is chock a block with vans, yours must have been in a good spot to tow away. Big fence and gate, obviously no guard dog. Theyre nice people they'll look after u

Mrjoel86

Aug 5, 2015
Sydney
Hi guys yeh they are looking after me, my new van is due off the line December 13th
They said because hand over was next week it was closest to the gate ready for detailing , wish the took the silver line next to it
Any way they gave me a 14.4-5 as a loan until the new van is ready to pick up

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
O M F G
that Sir would be Devo.............

as has been said, Jayco Canberra sound like they are going to help and look after you, very nice offer of the loaner until your new one arrives

who would have thunked.................. from a dealer............dayam

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Timely point to raise; I was picking up some trinkets at our dealer last week and there was a large sign on the service dept wall warning all vans left on premises for service or warranty etc are let entirely at the owner risk ... and they have had vans knocked off and broken into in the past

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Timely point to raise; I was picking up some trinkets at our dealer last week and there was a large sign on the service dept wall warning all vans left on premises for service or warranty etc are let entirely at the owner risk ... and they have had vans knocked off and broken into in the past
Is the sign legal though? Surely they still have a legal responsibility to secure the premises and anything left in their care?

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Bastards, they have good fences and gates at the new place too, give the 14.44.5 a good work out then, it may be the one I was jumping around in a couple of weeks back.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Hi guys yeh they are looking after me, my new van is due off the line December 13th
They said because hand over was next week it was closest to the gate ready for detailing , wish the took the silver line next to it
Any way they gave me a 14.4-5 as a loan until the new van is ready to pick up
The 14.44-5 OB is a great van, you will at least enjoy your trip in this loan van!

Reactions: Delano

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Is the sign legal though? Surely they still have a legal responsibility to secure the premises and anything left in their care?
No sure about the liability, but I would have presumed they would have insurance to cover that sort of thing .... car yards do

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
No sure about the liability, but I would have presumed they would have insurance to cover that sort of thing .... car yards do
Companies may think that they are covered by such a sign but they may at times just be trying it on. I remember one that stated "All care but no responsibility taken" which is a bit of a conflict in their case.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Today I had a look around the place to see what was parked near the gates and how good they repaired the locks, the van I want isn't near the gate though...............did actually see the 19 footer we liked ...

Good news is the low life that did the deed has been caught, seems it's not his first venture but might be his last for awhile.........the van was recovered slightly damaged.

daznmel

Oct 21, 2013
Bugger !! that is my local Jayco Dealer.. Would not have picked it to have a van stolen, as said previously that place is like Fort Knox when locked up. Just goes to show, if they want to get in they will.. all the security and anti-thief devices just slows them down a bit.
Good to hear they got the low life.
They are good people Jayco Canberra, glad to hear they looked after you.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@daznmel , they are a pretty good mob we always stop for a tyre kick when in town, they have the 19.61.2 that we would like but can't swing a straight swap with them though..........