Tebbs v's Australia Wide Annex

Mel

Jan 20, 2014
Hi all,

Can you please provide your feedback and opinions regarding the Tebbs and Australia Wide annexes? Please advise pros and cons for both and if anyone has indicative prices to suit a 17' outback expanda. From what i understand the Australia wide may be quite a bit more expensive but I'm not looking to spend a fortune.

If possible please also provide any recent photos.

Thanks in advance.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We've had 3 x Tebbs annexes, mosty because they are local and with the current van Tebbs were the dealer preferred and the previous 2 were fine. Tebbs have been around for ever, and the quality is equal to mosts other. I prefer zips (not velcro) and zips on Tebbs were standard when we bought ours. Their standard fare is pretty standard, but they do offer the same options as the others. Our most recent was in 2014 for a 20ft OB cost $1900

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
I had an Australia Wide on my previous van and the quality was outstanding. The company was great to deal with too. Always worth talking to them about requirements and best price. I will be going Australia Wide again on my new van when it arrives early November.

Deanus

Jun 22, 2013
We have had both. The latest is AWA and in our opinion is better. It is lighter, has so many options for partial erection, e.g. one end or two, long wall or half long wall, one end and half long wall for weather protection when you don't need the whole annex up. Even if fully erected, you can have all or some walls rolled up. It uses velcro strips to attach to the van wall, but all other joints are HD zippers. If you go down this road, try and get one at a show, because there is a definite price advantage. Their measure up and fitting services are outstanding and when they forgot to insert a flap in our skirt to access an Anderson plug, it was picked up, sent off, modified and returned to Adelaide inside 1 week. Mind you, we thought the Tebbs was great until we purchased the AWA.

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
Hi, we have a AWA on our 17" expanda OB. It's amazing. Use it a lot and the fact you can put up one wall, half a side, configure it however you want, is great. The ability to open it all up to mesh is great too.

Photos are in our build thread in sig. I'll take a look for some more.

Cost is $2200 from memory.

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
IMG_1990.JPG
We're happy withe the Tebbs. All the options are available. We got a back door and fly screens front and rear. When setting up with a mate with his expanda he was impressed by the modular way the top of the ends were fitted to the anti flap so the walls zip on to a horizontal zip. That way you are not trying to hold the whole wall up above your head when you fit it. As our van is an outback it is much easier. Ours is the one on the left.:D

Reactions: Crusty181 and KECL