Suspension check

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Thought it was time after our last holiday to check over / fix and replace anything broken ready for the next adventure when i noticed that my suspension was sagging ,the shackles had moved up into the shackle mount. After further inspection the springs had lost their spring,so down to industrial springs to pick up a set of outback 1500 kg rated springs / shackles.
Now for the point i was getting too as i removed the offside spring pack the actual spring eye (no.1 spring) had broken the only thing holding it together was the curl over of no 2 spring and no way you can see it unless you drop the spring from its pivot.
just thought it might be something else to check b4 the big one as we dont all carry spare spring packs

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
hey CD by the actual spring in the rear shackle had moved up into the actual shackle mount,in other words the spring had lengthened/lost its shape.
russell

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Russell,

Have you replaced yet, or about to. Some pictures to go along with this for those not as technically minded would be great.

As they say a picture paints a thousand words.

Richard

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
hey CD by the actual spring in the rear shackle had moved up into the actual shackle mount,in other words the spring had lengthened/lost its shape.
russell
I wonder if Jayco would cover that under warranty? I know yours is out of warranty but I wonder what they would say?

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
CD just for interest sake i might give them a call tomorrow just to see what they say or whether thay have herd of it happening
russell

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
SPRINGS 001.jpgSPRINGS 002.jpgSPRINGS 003.jpg

I wasnt happy with the 8 spring pack after a few short trips so yesterday opted for the off road 10 pack since were heading up to the Kimberlys in May i thought suspension may be paramount . Just have to reposition shockers and were set like jelly:happy:

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Just returned from a w/ end on the river with the bush palace fully loaded and she towed like a dream , no sagging or flopping around on the road im happy it was worth the effort ....
just thought you would like to know !!!!!!!

Reactions: cruza driver

richard

Jun 9, 2011
I wasnt happy with the 8 spring pack after a few short trips so yesterday opted for the off road 10 pack since were heading up to the Kimberlys in May i thought suspension may be paramount . Just have to reposition shockers and were set like jelly:happy:

Hey Bush Palace,

Just wondering where you got your spring pack from and rough cost. I have recently looked at my expanda parked on a flat concrete slab and it looks to be tilting to the right (the passenger side). Think it may have something to do with the springs and may have to replace. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hey Richard the spring packs i bought were from Industrial springs here in Adelaide at a cost of complete spring packs / shackles / pins / u bolts and nyloc nuts / washers at just over $400