Interior Stove top stopped working

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
I woke up yesterday morning and went to boil the kettle the way I always do and found that the gas was working. I went through a few checks on the gas system and they were all fine, I decided to turn the gas off and use the electric hot plate. After sitting for a while I noticed that the kettle still wasn't boiling even on the electric hot plate.
My question to anyone is if you have had this same problem with your stove just stop working? And if so how did you get it to work again?

I have a 2014 expanda 17.56.1 with a SMEV by Dometic four burner (3 gas and 1 electric) stove top.

Thanks

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi @Macca666 . In our old swan (2009 outback model) we had the safety switch at the back of the stove get stuck and it wouldn't allow the stove to work. It was located so when the glass lid was down it would push it in, and when raised it would release it. You could see if you have the same thing on your stove. We also found our hot plate never worked. Don't know why.

Reactions: Macca666

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
Thanks guys I haven't checked it with gas yet but I now have the electric hot plate working. I just needed to give it a hard push in for some reason.

A big help though so thanks again

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
While I'm at it guys I am still new to this expanda, I am trying to work out where the switch is for the light in the boot? What is really sad about this is that I have used the light once before but for the life of me I can't work out how I did. No I'm not blonde but right now I do feel that way LOL

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
the switch is part of the light body and is really hard to turn on/off. You need to use a bit aof pressure.

Reactions: Macca666