18' Series Storm Covers for Expandas

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Hi all...

I've seen a few posts on here in the past regarding the storm covers for expandas, and whether to get them or not, as opposed to just the privacy screens. I have recently ordered a new 18.58-1 and will definitely be getting the storm covers, however can anyone tell me where to get them from ?

I have asked Jayco for a price as we are about to sign off on the final build requirements, and the price they have come back with is ridiculous. $1350 a pair.

Your help would be appreciated....

Steve

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Yeah, not happy.. Quite evident that because we have already done the deal at the recent Caravan show in Brisbane, anything I want to add now is going to be charged at an arm and a leg price if purchased through Jayco.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Wow! We paid $720 fitted less than 12 months ago. Have seen some advertised on eBay but would recommend getting the fitted price to make life easier. From memory, Aussie annexes and Kakadu were competitive when we investigated.

Though you know the rule....if you don't get them you'll need them and if you do, then you won't need them.

At least that's what happened with us.

Reactions: Smirke

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Got a price for these today from Jayco $748 a pair, I'm going to fit them myself to our 18.58.1 that we pick up on Thursday.

IMG_3536.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
what's the quality of the shade cloth on them like? I looked at the Jayco shade cloth ones which were terrible but have heard these are good, haven't seen them thou.... is the plastic removeable? (on Velcro?). they look great.

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
not sure on the quality of the shade cloth on the window, as I have only seen pics, but from what I have seen they look good, as for privacy I would imagine it would be comparable to others I guess..??

You can also roll up each cover (canvas, plastic) over the windows to expose the last layer being the shade cloth...

Reactions: formyfamily

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Has anyone managed to fit them as a permanent fitting instead of the privacy screens?

We meant to try that but haven't done so yet.

Just wondering if they can somehow be folded up the same as the privacy ones and left on. I'd imagine they're probably too bulky but you never know, someone may have sorted it out.

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Yeah all the ones I've seen, and people I've spoken to that have researched the hell out of them, all say that they can't be folded away like the black shade privacy screens....

Probably go the Kakadu version.

Reactions: sierramason

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
I think w are going to go the new Jayco ones, they have the mesh, the plastic and the canvas, the plastic means we can still see out when raining. unless we find some opinions saying the kakadu vinyl ones are way better....

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I think w are going to go the new Jayco ones, they have the mesh, the plastic and the canvas, the plastic means we can still see out when raining. unless we find some opinions saying the kakadu vinyl ones are way better....
The ones they make at geelong jayco are very thick and very good much better than normal jayco ones 250 each I think privcy very good for seeing in and keep rain out 5 stars

Reactions: formyfamily

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
May have to get them made down that way and sent up.

The only ones Jayco Brisbane offer are Kakadu ones, and they charge $1350 a pair. Kakadu charge $1150.

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
We are currently on the Gold Coast and I fitted a Kakadu cover a couple of days ago. When you look at it, you think it's bloody expensive for what it is, but it does an excellent job. Keeps it nice and dark and I reckon it keeps it
cooler as well. I ended up getting the canvas option and it was $550. I had a few dramas fitting it. The way they recommend is to pull the seal off rivet underneath then push the seal back on. For whatever reason the seal kept popping back off so I ended up mounting on the outside as you can see in the pics.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg