18' Series Storm Covers for 2013 Model

hillz8294

Apr 15, 2019
Bunbury
Hi All,

We are about to buy a second hand 2013 18.57-9. I was hoping to get storm covers for the queen and double ends. I can see them available for the 2016+ models but I can't find any available for anything pre 2015.

A few questions about the storm covers...
Are they value? We want to make the van darker (little kids). We also want it more insulated from temp and noise.
Where can we get them from?

Thanks in advance.
Our first post. The Expanda community seems great.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So long as the lids are the same, the storm covers should be the same. Jayco did bugger around with 3 versions of the hard lid over that period, but the 3 look very different. You would need to be able to test it before you commit to 100% sure

Storm covers do make it significantly darker and provide significant insulation against both heat and cold transfer through the tent section. Noise is another matter, it will make difference with noise

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I'm in exactly the same boat with a 2015 model 17.56.2.
Jayco changed the hard lid shapes around 2015, but apparently the covers can be tweaked to fit ???
I've been talking with this company:
https://www.campsmart.net.au/jayco-expanda-storm-covers-front-rear-package
Wow, they are pretty expensive.

Any canvas or annex company can make them, obviously not identical to the Jayco ones but they certainly dont look misplaced. Im pretty sure some of the more well know annex suppliers have them as an off the shelf product