Storing clothes in 1756.2?

Krisjer

Dec 27, 2011
Perth, WA
Hi All

We pick up our new Expanda on the 29th December. Yippee! Just upgraded from a 96 Jayco Hawk, so we will appreciate our new holiday home on wheels!
With two small boys and one large husband, I wonder how you all store your clothes whenyou go away in your van? We used to have to bring small suitcases with the Hawk, but hoping not to have to do that in the Expanda.

Please share how you store your clothing, esp if you have children..
Many thanks in advance!
Krisjer:yo:

goanna

Jul 8, 2011
Perth WA
Depending on how you are arranging your sleeping spots, there is quite a lot of room. We have a blue fabric collapsible storage frame that had 4 squares but we removed one and used the spare fabric to close the back. My wife thinks she got it from Ikea. We also have a small plastic box each for socks and jocks. As there is 4 of you you could also do what we have done with the small table come bottom bunk and make it a permanent bunk and store clothes etc on that. I'm thinking of removing the bottom bunk covers and making a small storage unit in it place

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
We have the 17.56-1 model so where your shower is we have a 2nd cupboard that we have installed our own shelves into...and we just pack that with all our clothes and away we go.
We have also installed shelves into the front cupboard near the fridge and use his as our pantry....but you could use this as your clothes cupboard.

We made sure our shelves can be removed so if we ever need to hang anything in there we can still keep the lower shelf in but use the top 2/3rds to hang clothes (not that we anticipate that happening much, if at all).

You're going to love your expanda.....happy travels!
Dave

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We have the 17.56-2 and can fit about 20 items in the wardrobe (some spaces we put two hangers. The boys put their undies and shorts in the sliding cupboard under the small dinette, toys go in the flap down one, shoes in the cupboard under the fridge (we have 150 l fridge), the buffet cupboard near the door, the bottom section we use as linen and the top shelf my husband and I have our other clothes. We still have plenty of empty cupboards for jumpers etc. Some people have had shelves installed in the wardrobe instead of the rail.

We have only had our van for 5 weeks and love it. I hope you live yours too

Reactions: Krisjer