Starcraft Starcraft Outback - pro’s and cons?

Dc09

Mar 3, 2019
Narrabri NSW
G’day all. First time posting on this forum. The boss and I are looking at getting a Starcraft outback either 14 or 15 second hand with bunks and en-suite. Anyone have any pros and or cons they can throw my way? A few reviews online have rubbished them...
Cheers in advance

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I am on my 4th Jayco, and while the quality is not perfect, they are good and reliable. They are production built, so like a car, not many options. I find most of the ney sayers to jayco have never owned one, rather try to justify why they spend much more.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Agree with @crackacoldie , while we might sling off at them a little bit I have found them no worse than others, like all vans a good dilligent look around the edges inside for any discolour of the walls which shows water leaks, thats for any van not just Jayco's, I have found most folk are quite happy with their Starcrafts.....
If you look in the For Sale section you might find some that have been up for sale with pics, as well as a few threads on folks Starcrafts and what they have done to them, many of us while starting out with Expandas have eventually gone to other set ups but we are still here having fun.

Reactions: chartrock and 2slow

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
get a list of what you want option then look around price wise.
You get get a pretty clean touring van for around the same money as an outback with the lot.
Also Annex if you want one it cost you over $2k later although might get a van the same $ with one already.

We brought a floor stock 22.68 2015 model touring with lots of extras.
we got Drifter, underslung, third water tank, triple bunks, washing machine, entertainment unit, gas bayonet and mudflaps/step
We added on purchase Solar and Bike rack before pickup.. So tick most option boxes :)
Here is the 2015 PDF you can see what was options
Different years have different options a newer van might have things fitted free that where a option a year or two before.
ALKO ESC was free in 2015 although pretty sure you had to pay in 2014

Then you need to check for water leaks etc. if 2014 be due for new tyres even if wear not gone.. They last 5 years.
Personally I get the outback if you can find one.

If you look on caravan sales there are 8 available. 2014 Touring in vic $48,500 or 2016 outback $54k or 2017 outback with fiberglass side $58k
https://www.caravancampingsales.com...range(22..)._.Year.range(2014..).)&Sort=Price

Might be worth travelling to pickup if you can find one you like.
There should be local caravan repairers who can maybe do a inspection for you.

Attachments

• starcraft 2015.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 434
Reactions: Drover