17' Series Stability Control

Glenn todd

Sep 16, 2014
HI Members,
IAM in the market for a suitable stability control unit for my 17 series and would appreciate any ideas and personal views.
My tow vehicle is a 120 series Prado with a 50mm. Lift .
Mr Reliable.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
We have the same car and lift as you. On our 14 footer we have the AL-KO ESC and find it handy. Has kicked in a couple of times. I recommend wiring it through an Anderson plug and not the 12 pin so you can unplug it off road. We have had it come on when traversing small tracks into camp spots and it can get annoying. Clipped the concrete edge on a roundabout once and it activated so again can be annoying. Have no experience with other brands sorry.

Edit ours is AL-KO like Joevee below not Redarc.

Last edited:

bob husband

Aug 20, 2018
bribie island
We have the same car and lift as you. On our 14 footer we have the AL-KO ESC and find it handy. Has kicked in a couple of times. I recommend wiring it through an Anderson plug and not the 12 pin so you can unplug it off road. We have had it come on when traversing small tracks into camp spots and it can get annoying. Clipped the concrete edge on a roundabout once and it activated so again can be annoying. Have no experience with other brands sorry.

Edit ours is AL-KO like Joevee below not Redarc.
we had the al-ko on our previous jayco journey, I put a switch so I could turn it off when on dirt/rough roads
just cut one of the wires and put a switch to stop circuit

Reactions: Bluey and MDS69