17' Series Squeeky

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
I’ve got a very Squeaky 2012 expanda, every tine I go over a speed bump can almost hear it over the radio, when I get out and push the side of the van it squeaks.
Any ideas.
I have just squirted wd40 to see how it goes.

Cheers
Brad

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What sort of springs do you have slipper spring or hangers ??? If hangers I would get some greasable pins and fit them and if slipper springs then a good dose of motorbike chain lube around the slipper bit should shut it up for a bit.

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Thanks
Not sure on the springs I’ll find out,
Getting a bit sick of everyone looking at me when I drive in/out,
Maybe it’s the Victorian number plates in NSW aswell.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Thanks
Not sure on the springs I’ll find out,
Getting a bit sick of everyone looking at me when I drive in/out,
Maybe it’s the Victorian number plates in NSW aswell.

Nothing like drawing attention to one's self with Victorian plates at this time @GingerMEGS ! If it were me, I would be smothering the springs with motor cycle chain oil which comes in a spray pack. Get it at Super Cheap or similar place. Being a chain oil, it is not easily flung off and sticks to the surface pretty well and lubricates at the same time. Then you can slink around the place and hide somewhere for a few weeks, as the way things are going, the borders won't be opened to Victorians for some time.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I’ve got a very Squeaky 2012 expanda, every tine I go over a speed bump can almost hear it over the radio, when I get out and push the side of the van it squeaks.
Any ideas.
I have just squirted wd40 to see how it goes.

Cheers
Brad
My van squawks like a flock of Corellas ... i dont really hear it anymore, plenty of van squeak, creak and moan, particularly the bigger vans

@GingerMEGS, what part of nsw are you scaring the locals

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have been told mine squeaks but like my snoring it doesn't bother me one bit.......if its not springs then its the WDH or my bones creaking......

Reactions: Crusty181

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
My van squawks like a flock of Corellas ... i dont really hear it anymore, plenty of van squeak, creak and moan, particularly the bigger vans

@GingerMEGS, what part of nsw are you scaring the locals

Crusty,
We are cruising Port Macquarie at the moment, hoping to get into QLD next weekend. We would of been out of Vic for 16 nights so see what happens. If not I have. Letter from work so we will try that path.
Worst case keep cruising beautiful NSW.
Win/Win

Creaky Bones I’m sure

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Keep an eye on this QGov page for real info https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...o-public-health-directions-under-expanded-pub

But going by the updated Road Map it looks like Victorians no matter how long out of the state are not going to be allowed into QLD, ........... other states can get in but nope to ComradeDanlanders ..... https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/__da...150/DPC7309-COVID-19-Restrictions-roadmap.pdf
The Qld/Vic border has been closed and strengthened .... um, things have certainly taken a dramatic twist since i studied primary school geography.

Ive often said that the Princess has always believed Qld is just on the other side of Melb CBD ... because she's usually asleep by then and will wake up when we hit the ripple strips at the Qld border. In her mind the drive from Melb to Qld is somewhere btw 2 and 3 hour, and a crinked neck. She has no interest where nsw is. I can now tell her Qld and Vic officially share a border, albiet a closed border.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Queen Anna could be planning to Annex NSW, use the new Road to Belt Comrade Dan................or since the road to Innaminka is tarred may assault thru SA, a Blitzkrieg of Cane Toads..................................

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Queen Anna could be planning to Annex NSW, use the new Road to Belt Comrade Dan................or since the road to Innaminka is tarred may assault thru SA, a Blitzkrieg of Cane Toads..................................

Courier Mail had a story in Saturday's paper about a couple of guys trying to escape Victoria into South Australia by going along dirt/muddy track near Bordertown. Got bogged and were discovered by SA police. Told they were not allowed to enter SA unless very good reason, which they did not have. Were warned and turned back. 12 hours later, the same vehicle was again found bogged near Senior trying to get into SA. This time police were not so lenient. Both received fines of $1008.00 and forced to return to Victoria. Don't get bogged if you try that route!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Qlders are welcome in SA..................... I think we have wandered off course again.......aarrgghh me hearties set a course for a Squeeky Spring and a can of WD40..........

Since you can't get into Gods Country @GingerMEGS , there are lots of very cool places around NSW, I myself like west of the divide less congestion and better prices, places for pretty rocks abound from Glenn Innes to Lightning Ridge, hot springs and some great spots by rivers which may be cold but just great spots to fish and laze around...........................and heaps of truly great museums in town showing their history, cars, planes and trains, places like Junee, great chocolate and a brilliant train museum, Temora one of the best inland towns with a world class Aviation Museum..............and many more, its not just about the coast and crowded camps by beaches.................

Reactions: Boots in Action

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Totally agree and would rather of come up that way but oh well, will keep it in mind if Anna rejects.
Otherwise if we get through I’ll drop a long neck VB off on the way through.
Seems I’m. Using a can of chain line on the way out of Port Macquarie tomorrow.
Beautiful part of the world, will be back sometime when it’s not school holidays. Even though I have young school kids.
Cheers boys.

Brad

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We like Port Mac and Coffs but just too flamin crowded now, like a lot of coastal places they have just gotten suburbanised and lost a lot of what made them great...

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
We like Port Mac and Coffs but just too flamin crowded now, like a lot of coastal places they have just gotten suburbanised and lost a lot of what made them great...
Grew up in Port/ Wauchope when Port was a fishing village. Left the area in my mid 20's for the job in Me,bourne.
Now we are locked down here and even the rellies up there don't want us!!
Times will change again, what comes around goes around.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Bride is a Melbourne girl, I have pointed out how lucky she was I took her away from the place............... all she can say is "That was nearly 50 yrs ago" .......such is gratitude... but she's glad she is in QUEENSLAND..