Venue: Somers Holiday Village
Address: 93 Camp Hill Rd , Somers Vic
Phone: 03 5983 5538
Link: http://www.shv.com.au/
Date Visited: 10/1/15 – 27/1/15
Visitors: 2 adults, 4kids
Rate: $55/n

Review:
Thought better do one before I forget still have a couple I need to write from past outings

We where very late looking for somewhere over holidays, originally thought do a few longs weekends although while up at Gold Coast the locals there said they commute and stay for a few weeks.
Wanted to go back to Bellarine.. Was double the $'s now the twins are three :( more commute time.

Sarah looked around and found this one. So we went down for a look see before we booked they had two sites free. The one we took 50 and the other 62 I think you could get one tent on it, I was surprised someone got two tents on :) No way we could back in there, we struggled with the one we have with parked cars on road :)
img_7469-jpg.jpg
Owners very nice and friendly, little shop $1 slushies on weekends the kids where happy :)
The park is a older style park most of it is cabins or perm caravans and only a few sites. The toilet/shower block has been there for a while usable and clean has hot water :).
Nice solar heated pool (Although still cold Melb weather) , games room and two BBQ's which took 20cents.. You always need 40cents though just each time he he.. Everything is kept clean.. nice and quiet park. Seemed a lot of people stay 1-2 nights only and move on.
img_7379-jpg.jpg
Put up the second hand Annex and made some poptop inserts he he will get a version #2 going soon.
image-jpg.jpg
image-jpg.jpg
After a couple of nights had enough of rampaging 3 year old twins to 11pm so setup the dinette.
Of course the both went to sleep on that...They kept falling out of bed so brought a bed rail.
image-jpg.jpg
img_1717-jpg.jpg
Took the kids old 22" TV down so had inside and outside TV had some movie nights. (Aerial broke again :( ggrgr)
img_7359-jpg.jpg
I forgot to charge the drill for the legs before we left so grabbed my 18V Makita Impact diver. Seeing we had it the wife wanted a blower so went to Bunnings got a 18V Makita blower and Vacuum skins :) So I gather i am taking my good drill with us from now on..

Short walk to General Store very very nice food not the cheapest, they have small milk bar section although bread was boutique think $8 a loaf ;(
http://somersgeneralstore.com/

Also very short walk to beach and a nice playground up the road
img_7333-jpg.jpg img_7367-jpg.jpg
Beach is very nice although I did not go in just went for some walks, the kids liked it, we spent time in the pool or games room.
Balnarring was not far away with an assortment of shops. about 5 min drive
Hastings was a little further 10 mins.
We went to Mornington a few times as that is where we used to holiday, Yummo has Yummo ice cream :)
Down to Sorrento for a drive.

Kids brought along there Christmas present a Telescope had to wait and wait for a night with stars :)
img_7416-jpg.jpg
Went to Emu Plains Market and Mornington Market.
Also down Mornington again for the Australia Day fireworks

We did not do the Maze this time as did it last year.

We asked for the same site next year although the site we have is not available not sure we want the ones available.

Attachments

• IMG_7469.JPG
    IMG_7469.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_7333.jpg
    IMG_7333.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_7359.JPG
    IMG_7359.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_7367.jpg
    IMG_7367.jpg