Electrical Solenoid valve to control water tanks?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Gave up on this, thinking I am just lazy but while away I ran out of water on the front tank and had to go change over the tanks on a cold wet night after I'd got into bed. So It's back on the radar.
..... and you've prompted me to plumb up my solenoid on the mains inlet

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gotta love this place...lol,lol................................ and things do go bump in the night, one dark night the lights on the truck played up so I pulled over at the lay-by at Isla Gorge (Google Map it ) got out, laid under the bull bar to get at the wiring, torch in mouth, something grabbed my ankles, spat torch out and was standing on bull bar in a micro second, swung off the mirrors and was thru the open window and down the road before you knew it, so if you saw a semi with only parkers on, one flood light on the roof going hammer and tongs along the Leichardt Hwy some 20 yrs ago around mid night , it was me.
Now get back on topic. :focus:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Gotta love this place...lol,lol................................ and things do go bump in the night, one dark night the lights on the truck played up so I pulled over at the lay-by at Isla Gorge (Google Map it ) got out, laid under the bull bar to get at the wiring, torch in mouth, something grabbed my ankles, spat torch out and was standing on bull bar in a micro second, swung off the mirrors and was thru the open window and down the road before you knew it, so if you saw a semi with only parkers on, one flood light on the roof going hammer and tongs along the Leichardt Hwy some 20 yrs ago around mid night , it was me.
Now get back on topic. :focus:
..... I was just going to ask if you needed a hand (or a cuddle) ya rude bastard, and you drove off. Ha

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Thats right it was winter, I was wearing Ugg Boots, thought you might have mistaken me for sheep....:o
Ive heard ... you could be mistaken for a great number of things such as :censored:, and then there was :censored:, and don't forget :censored:, ... oh and of course :censored:, but sheep wasn't one of the things mentioned

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That is a compliment you know @Crusty181, thank you.................now get back on topic before the thought police get us.

If you just plumbed all the water tanks together you would have no need for taps of any description....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Drover. Oddly, thats how the handover guy told it was plumbed ... all connected together, but I've since discovered its not, its connected to the switch (i think you directed me to). One problem with plumbing up the tanks together is that one mishap and you potentially loose all your water

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
yep, and when the taps stops running thats it, youvé done the lot........

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
And if its like mine were the front 2 are linked together and because of water stuck in the breather hoses it would suck air back through the fill hoses with about 20l still in the tanks.