Solar gone haywire (help)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yesterday while packing up to head home an alarm went off on the Solar Controller (Topray branded) with the battery symbol flashing, we have no handbook for the controller. The only way to stop the alarm was to pull the in-line fuse to the battery after finding the right one (I have 3). We were on mains power the whole time except the first night while free camping.

We had the same problem once before a about 18 mths ago however after pulling/replacing the fuse the problem resolved itself. This time removing the fuse only stop the alarm once it was replaced it started again though this time the controller was going crazy flashing up all different symbols, at one point showing 18.5 volts :shocked:
Is this over charging? The Setec shouldn't allow that to happen. I'm yet to check the battery with volt meter.

Even turning the battery switch off didn't do anything, the controller still flashing and "NO" fault lights/alarms from Setec unit. I'll contact Jayco (dealer) during the week but dont like my chance there, they didn't have a clue last time, might have get onto HQ.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yuck!!
I did a quick google for topray and manual and came up with a few hits.
I can't read them though because I am using an iPad and it won't download.