Snobby lot

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Have we all become to precious and now don't walk outside the van in case you might have to talk to someone?
What has happened to that passing chat we used to have? Now everyone hides inside watching tv.
Some people don't even bother to acknowledge you as you pass each other.
A great part of the caravaning life that seems to have disappeared along with the wave as you used to pass each other on the road
A bit sad really

Hitting the road

Jan 14, 2022
Brisbane
I have noticed that...on quite a number of occasions while touring I have said G'day to the fellow in the van next door only to get a look like I've got two heads, or just totally ignore.
Many people now will look the other way as you approach, look at their phone, or just blankly stare straight ahead...what is going on?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well I think its because they live in these colorbond jungles with no yard so never see their neighbours and have no idea how to interact with people, don't know about caravan parks but off grid places that are away from the tourist meccas the folk seem to be pretty friendly, get a wave and a G'day, sometimes stop for a chat, camp at the places where the road runner tourists go and they seem to not have a clue how to be sociable............ of course there's always the driver of certain makes that is unable to talk to anyone who doesn't drive the same vehicle or van ............. or you get the Enviro Stormtrooper who tells you how to camp...

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I lived at Bargara caravan park for 6 months a couple of years ago while my house was being built, the only people who spoke to me were a Hong Kong family and their Taiwanese friends. I’ve just visited so many parks from Sydney to Ayr and back the only “friendly” park was queens beach tourist park in Bowen.

Intrepid_Nan

Apr 22, 2024
Victoria
Unfortunately, people are losing their social skills. Maybe we can try to be a bit more friendly - a smile a wave, it is sad, so different to how it was in the past.
i think that most (all? ) people out there want the human connection - feelings of unworthiness and lack of self-confidence prevent them having even chance met relationships let alone deep ones