Simplicity Suspension

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Hello all,
Just ordered my 17.56-2 outback with Simplicity Suspension, I have spoken with a few old boys and they beleive that independant suspension is the way to go. Looks like it rides higher with simplicity and i like the fact the axels are no longer in a position to get ripped out by a rogue rock. Has anyone got this on their expanda? and what are your thoughts on it?

NewSupertramp_012_350x262.jpg

Cheers!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I dont know anyone with simplicity suspension on there Expanda but Bushman on this forum had it on his old Outback Swan camper trailer, he maybe able to answer your question.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Took the words right out of my mouth Cruza. Bushman has had some experience with the simplicity suspension.

I know someone who looked into it for a dual axle Discovery, and the dealer talked them out of it for a few reasons. The way the dual axle simplicity works, if for what ever reason you stuff a wheel you won't be able to limp home on the other wheel becasuse of the way its balanced on the one inverted leaf spring. I don't know if this is true, just a third hand story. May be worth looking into though.
KC

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
HHHMMM I must have missed this one, Yes as the others said I had simplicity on my last camper (Swan) so it was a single arrangement it came as a package deal on the camper at the time. Having had standard leaf spring previously to that on my Eagle Camper and now on the Expanda.
personally think the only bonus to that type of arrangement is the "Tunnel" clearance through the middle.it may tow slighty better but dosen't ride any better as far as humps bumps etc go, in fact it's quite firm as it has very limited upward travel and down it's any better than ya standard leaf spring.

Could be better on the the dual axle arrangment, Now if only they had a coil spring independant arrangment, that would be the go.

Attachments

• 100_1941.JPG
    100_1941.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 1,350