Interior Silicone on internal wall

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Hi All,
We are now into our Jayco Journey and setting up the inside to suit the grown up domain (kids are now in their swags outside). There was a mirror the previous owner had fitted to the wall of the van and we removed it as it was too small and wasn't where SWMBO wanted it.
The problem is they used double sided tape and 3 BIG blobs of silicone......
My question for all you knowledgable folk is how do I get the silicone off the laminate / plastic wall without damaging it????
Youtube search is to either use WD40 or a Selleys silicone remover. Thoughts please...
Cheers
Ian

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If its a laminex/plastic wall in shower cubicle then it should just roll off with a finger and some metho, eucalyptis oil etc, not all silastic stuff is the same so experiment for the last bit but if its the wood grainy wall panels then be very careful as it's really only paper so whatever you do it will more than likely come away.....Best to find something else to hang over it.

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Thanks Drover, no it is on the main body panel above a bench. If it was shower no issue, and yes the cupboard timber grain you cant even leave tape on it for too long before it lifts. my cabinetmaker mate was doing some work and gluing some trim on our old van and it came off with the tape after being stuck for less that a day. Luckily he had a sheet of laminate to match the existing so an easy fix...;)
Cheers.