Shade screens verses annexe

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Just wondering about shade screens verses annexe. We had an annexe with last van and we did use it but it was heavy and storage was a pain. I hated putting it up, nearly got divorced every time...lol. Im thinking of a good quality shade screen and also one for the back end to semi enclose. If its anything like our blinds on our alfresco at home it keeps heaps of water out and makes area very usable in winter. Would like so thoughts? Ps don't need it for kids play area , all grown!
:cheer2:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We've only got shade screens *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* for ours, never really had the need for full annex and to be honest we only used the shade screens a few times., mine were mad with eyelets down the sides if you have the awning leg in the carport postion the screens can be laced up like a boot vertually enclosing it. the front end wall has a zipper that acts like a door. I'm going to have the end walls modified to mount to the track in the aussie traveller bars, instead of hanging with velco off the awning spreader bar.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We have shade screens in conjunction with a deflapper kit. If I had my time again though I would get eyelets added to the top of the seam where the shade screen attaches to the deflapper kit.
That way I could tie a cheap blue tarp to the outside of the shade screen and provides some easy protection when it rains. (yes spot the Melbournian)

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Brad
So your shade screen dont slide along the awning where the annexe slides in? Or do you mean the end pieces attach with deflapper ?
Jenny :)