18' Series SETEC removal and hole plugging

MightyBrighty

Mar 10, 2020
South Australia
Hi there Campers,

Have any of you good people removed the Setec unit (the whole unit) and been left with the hole to plate / blank up under a seat or bed? We have a 2012 18.57-6 OB.

If so, I'm after some ideas on what you have used and how you have gone about it all. I've had a bloke comment on another forum platform re covering the hole with a stainless louvre vent, which I think is a great idea. Anyone have anything else to offer re plugging the hole??!!

Thanks

Link to louvre below

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...hUKEwiX7-ujwpbpAhWw6zgGHcqKARkQMygAegUIARCfAw

rags

I was only looking at this issue yesterday as it has been an unfinished project on our van.
Because I’ve got my Enerdrive gear in the space previously occupied by the Setec I want to provide some air flow Over the charging gear.
The existing hole size is marginally larger ( by around 7mm) than vent covers available from Bunnings ( including the one which your link shows). I already have that particular vent cover and have sprayed it black in readiness to use

I have 2 ideas,
1. make a surrounding frame for the said vent to fully cover the hole, either with some ply or otherwise some aluminium frame
or option 2

I am thinking of calling the fellow who made our house security screen doors to make a cover for the hole with some mesh off cut inserted In some fly screen frame.
I will call them next week.