Service Agent

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
I brought my 2013 second hand and it has never been back for a service. Is Jayco the best place to take it and what do they do for the service? Is it even worth it?

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
they are expensive but you get 12month warranty on what eva they do I put a pick on somewhere of what they do god knows where it is but that dosnt help you

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I brought my 2013 second hand and it has never been back for a service. Is Jayco the best place to take it and what do they do for the service? Is it even worth it?

No Jayco are average. What'd you need done? There's a great caravan guy at Londonderry (Paul tall ) but the wIt seems silly to get in. If it's just brake /suspension service / grease take it to a decent mechanic

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Mick_309, in Sydney (I assume you're in Riverstone, Sydney) I would highly recommend a company called RVGO (www.rvgo.com.au) over in Terrey Hills.

I originally purchased my van from Jayco Sydney at St Marys, but never really liked their service or attitude.

RVGO are Jayco authorised service agents, and are really great guys who know what they are doing.

They did my last service just before the warranty expired and picked up a couple of things that were missed previously by Jayco Sydney.

Might be a bit of a hike from rivo, but worth the drive

Reactions: achjimmy

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
The main thing I need looked at is electrical, my tow pro keeps throwing an error code which redarc have diagnosed as a loose or temperamental connection in the brake wiring. Otherwise just a general look over plus a quote for a few extras I would like them to possibly install pending price (solar, slide bbq, outdoor speakers, drop down table) I have sent an email to both Jayco and RVGO today. The first test in service is who actually gets back to me! I will look up SR today

Reactions: Bluey

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
The main thing I need looked at is electrical, my tow pro keeps throwing an error code which redarc have diagnosed as a loose or temperamental connection in the brake wiring. Otherwise just a general look over plus a quote for a few extras I would like them to possibly install pending price (solar, slide bbq, outdoor speakers, drop down table) I have sent an email to both Jayco and RVGO today. The first test in service is who actually gets back to me! I will look up SR today

Just in relation to the tow pro error, mine does the same thing intermittently.

Was told by Redarc that it was the brake light connection, but I find if I disconnect the trailer plug, turn off the ignition wait for 5 mins and plug it back in the error clears.

It looks like a poor connection at the plug itself that's causing it.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
No Jayco are average. What'd you need done? There's a great caravan guy at Londonderry (Paul tall ) but the wIt seems silly to get in. If it's just brake /suspension service / grease take it to a decent mechanic

I used Paul Tall for both of my services, the first and then the 12 month one. They were basic services but will go back again. Got in pretty quick for both of mine. I am at Kellyville so he is pretty convenient.

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
I have had a very good response today from RVGO and have booked in for just before our easter trip. Also got a response from Jayco, they were slightly cheaper but booked out until the end of May! For anyone interested this is what you get for you $$$. Add $100 to price for dual axle.

Attachments

• C.S.Report (RVGO Caravan Service) - REVISED 14-8-2015.pdf
    275.4 KB · Views: 253

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I have had a very good response today from RVGO and have booked in for just before our easter trip. Also got a response from Jayco, they were slightly cheaper but booked out until the end of May! For anyone interested this is what you get for you $$$. Add $100 to price for dual axle.

Not cheap, but it's a pretty comprehensive service.

Reactions: bigcol

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
I recently had a service done on my van, had a few things fixed and added some extras.
Total $1000
It's the Labour that will got the most. more than half of the total cost.
I did not take to jayco but a authorised jayco repairer.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I don't have a problem with folks using others to service their vans and understand many have time, space and some just " don't do bolts" but everyone should at least know how to adjust brakes, check bearings and tyres and not just on your van but your tug as well, if you can't then don't head west of the Newell Hwy.....(eastern states)..................this is not a "Just in case " statement though it really is, but more so that you can actually check that you get what you paid for, I have come across, over the years wheels missing and other things from folks that stated to me "I just had it serviced ", so check the wheel nuts and other bits, even a visual of your sump plug, just needs some CDF...........I lost 2 drive wheels from my truck because the Qualified Mechanics didn't do up the nuts and tried to blame me for not checking but since it happened 3 kms from depot it didn't work and the amount of sump plugs and wheel nuts that fall off, fluids not replaced, well check what happens to your vehicle, don't take some blokes word just because you paid them heaps of dollars, you may end up forking out heaps more.
Don't get me started on how much they charge for a $2 part and 15 mins work.