No Options Apply Sat Dish Setup

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Hi all, there appears to be an app for everything, so has anyone found one to help in setting up the sat dish. We have one for the antenna for the tv and it works great.

Cheers
David

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi all, there appears to be an app for everything, so has anyone found one to help in setting up the sat dish. We have one for the antenna for the tv and it works great.

Cheers
David
I have one called satellite pointer (iPhone) which has an augmented reality display that shows you where all the birds are.

Usually a compass is all that’s actually needed to point north though.

Reactions: Red1 and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I been using DishPointer Pro for many years which is on both Play Store and iTunes. It has the augmented reality display, but for around $20 its not for everyone

The one packaged in the Wikicamps App is ok, Ive used that as well on odd ocassions.

Reactions: Bluey and Red1

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I use the wiki camps one for the degrees and a compass, usually have a lock on in a couple of mins. Prefer to be able to have view of TV, find that works better than a stupid meter........be more than happy to trial an auto job, might take me a few years to test it properly though.

There are some expensive bits of gear but still require you to manually adjust the dish/stand, just a flash compass really.

If no phone service I go primitive with a print out.

Reactions: Red1

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA

Cheers
David
Hi Dave

What is the app for the TV antenna?
Glen

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There are quite a few out there which use the same data just don't pay for them as the info is actually free ware.

To find a phone tower I use www.oztowers.com it will give you location of mobile towers, is quite readable and easy.

TV location I use an app put out by the Fed Gov called mySwitch but I believe it has been discontinued though mine still works.

Sat Dish I found Wiki Camps App gives all the details you need or you can throw a bag of money and get an auto job, now that would be nice.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This morning, fitted dish to pole, used the magnetic inclometer set 59 deg , used compass to point it at 9 deg, walked into van fired up STB and nearly fell over, locked on first go 85%, was good enough for me, just went back and tightened the wing nuts, I hope it happens a few more times this run..........At daughters place, handy to fine tune things for a day or so before going bush.

1520492477075794222766.jpg