Sandy cape for a couple days

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Nicked off for a few days ,lake Indoon very disappointed dry as a bone , now at Sandy Cape just north of Jurien bay and it is just gorgeous weather

image.jpg
The view from where I'm getting phone reception from

image.jpg

The camp site

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Capt. Gadget

Thats a great spot there mate. I have been there plenty of times and still cant get enough.
There is some awesome fishing there too.
Have you found the old world war 2 bunkers yet?

Skippy

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Looks like a wonderful spot.
Do you have to be careful in the water?
It is a great spot Brad and and Yes if you listen to the news reports West Australian Waters are so Shark infested you shouldn't swim anywhere ;) (tongue planted firmly in cheek) Nah its only 200 odd ks North of Perth so nothing real nasty in the water except me and my bottle of sea soap!!:)

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Capt. Gadget

Thats a great spot there mate. I have been there plenty of times and still cant get enough.
There is some awesome fishing there too.
Have you found the old world war 2 bunkers yet?

Skippy
I too have been there many times over the years, even used to stay in someones shack many moons ago, but I'll be buggered if I can remember where the Bunkers were, I wanted to take the kids and show them

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
South of we're your van is parked>>>
Go back Down the main gravel road in and were the lake is across the road from the salt/sand mine, go down sandy track heading south down to sandy cape point. There is a memorial there were someone was taken buy a shark in the 1970 and right next door are the bunkers. Look for a point that is really high right on the beach and thats where they are.
I will see if I can get some photos for ya>>

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
looks fab CG...we must've drove past you on way home ??!!

...it all seems like a lifetime ago now - car and van all cleaned and ready for storage !! :(