Solar Running Wires in the ceiling

West Island NZ

Jun 15, 2020
QLD
I'm installing a solar panel on the roof of my expanda. The ceiling is hollow and was hoping to remove a ceiling panel to run the wiring down near the TV antenna and tracing that cable. Is this possible to remove a panel without wrecking the panel or the bead or am I having a little pipe dream?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I'm installing a solar panel on the roof of my expanda. The ceiling is hollow and was hoping to remove a ceiling panel to run the wiring down near the TV antenna and tracing that cable. Is this possible to remove a panel without wrecking the panel or the bead or am I having a little pipe dream?
Caravans arent really made in a way that makes ceilings easy to remove and replace. My preference would be to run the cable across the roof to where you want it, or to a spot where you can access cabinetry to chase the cable. Ive run mine in conduit, and suspended the conduit so it doesnt interfere with water flow across the roof

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Pop Top or hard roof......??????

Pop Top, when I fitted a 3G aerial on my roof I drilled a hole thru the roof so the cable came out at the top of the skirt it then ran down one of the sleeves and went into a cupboard, holes nicely sealed up inside a junction box on the roof.

Reactions: Crusty181