NSW Route from Wagga Wagga to Armidale

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
I would like to travel from Wagga Wagga to Armidale.

After a bit of persuasion, Google Maps came up with a reasonable route sticking to A and B class highways.
Except for one section from Wellington up North to the B84 which is marked as Cobbora Road and goes via via Comobella.
Google Streetview shows it is sealed road most of the way except for some shortish sections of dirt. But the Streetview is from 2010.
Does anyone know if Coborra Road is now sealed the entire way?
I don't mind travelling on dirt in dry conditions, but if some of it is dirt and it has been raining I will need to travel further and go through Dubbo.

I have also sent an email to the tourist information center in Wellington.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Cobbora Rd is sealed all the way from Wellington to the B84 and has been for a few years now, it is quite a good road, been using it for 20 years, it was good even when it was dirt, it is part of my route to Canberra.........Just before Dunedoo there is another Cobbora Rd it cuts the corner to Mendorran, it is mostly tar now but has about 12kms of dirt but it is not part of your route.

The turn off from Wellington is about 3kms out of town, turn right off highway over railway line and away you go.

Reactions: mikerezny