16' Series Roof Top Air Conditioner - Standard Opening

WogsRus

May 14, 2020
Hobart TAS, Australia
Ok so we brought a new to me Jayco Expanda 2015, 16.49-4.

It was originally ordered with the H frame and the wiring for an AC but no AC fitted.

I will be picking the van up next week so will be able to see the outline of the H frame on the roof, but in the mean time a special has come on for the AC i want but it uses 400 x400 cut out.

I have a funny feeling the cut out on the standard jayco is 360 by 360

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@WogsRus, now there's a word you don't hear to often now. Welcome to the forum and Expanda ownership in general. Exciting times ahead, first van??

Cant help with the cut out dimensions but it will be very unlikley youll see the frame location. Jayco roof skins are floating and are only fixed around the perimeter edges (the J Moulding) and through any roof penetrations such as hatches or aircons, if you already had it. The cutout size will be dependant on whether Jayco use commercial frames or make their own, and the aircon model Jayco was defaulting to in that model at the time of the build.

Jayco keep very good records of each van built, and have quite detailed design drawings for each and every van with the locations of all wall blocking, structural points and in your case the aircon frame and its cutout dimensions etc etc. I requested my vans drawings be delivered with the van when I ordered the van, so I know they exist because I have them. Jayco on a good day may play along and provide you with with either the dimensions or the drawings if your lucky. If you bought it from a Jayco dealer they will certainly be able to get them fro you, failing that the original dealer might get them if you ask nicely. They have to be available because they are called into play when the van requires repairs.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I smell a rat I would look carefully at first to make sure things are where they say......I'm such an untrusting bustard.......... Hope it all works out, don't forget the pics especially when you do the cut.......... we like to sticky beak at the insides.