Electrical Roof lights and fridge

Flash gordon

Feb 5, 2019
Robina
We have a 2006. jayco expands and the lighting is not working. Have checked fuses which is fine. Switch is on also the fridge and stove not working either, the aircon and microwave and power points work. Any deas what the problem could be.

Last edited:

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Do you have 240 plugged in when trying the lights ?

Hi @Flash gordon , from the info you have given that the 240 volt circuits are working but the 12 volt system isn't, I think that you do not have 12 volts available. Is your battery connected and is there any charge in the battery?? Also check fuse for the LOAD circuit which controls the 12 volt system. The 240 volt system is entirely separate for A/C and microwave. The lights are I assume 12 volt type, the stove (gas?) will not light because it needs voltage to make the spark to light the gas. Trying to run the fridge on 12 volt system is wasting the battery (if it is ok?) . Does the fridge work on 240 volt as this also is a separate circuit. What sort of distribution/ charging system (for battery charging) do you have as there may be a fault there but unlikely. Also, 12 volt system will not operate at all if the LOW VOLTAGE DISCONNECT switch has been activated. Hope this helps. More info would be helpful.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Is the 12V switch turned on?

Hi @chartrock , for your info, there is another thread on this same subject questioned by same new member. It is under "Lights on roof and bedside lights not working". @Drover, @mikerezny and myself are on to it but need more info from member. Your simple explanation is a good start, but I am afraid it is/looks more like 12 volt power/battery problems to me IMHO. Great to see you on this forum. Cheers