17' Series Rollout awning end ?

Graham

Mar 2, 2014
Hi,

We have a 2014 17.56.2 OB.

I'd like to have an end that we can somehow connect to the rollout awning at each end that comes down the side of the awning to block a side from the rain. I don't want to do a full annex.

I'm sure this will be available somewhere but I can't find any. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Graham, and welcome. Youll need Aussie Traveller anti flap bars to attach to the awning and hang the wall off, and a visit a annex manufacturer to make up a canvas or mess wall to suit your specs.

I found that the $100 shade mess sun screens stop most driving rain

craigandteena

Aug 30, 2014
Canberra
www.expandasdownunder.com
@Graham, like @Crusty181 said you will need AFK. A cheap option is to attach a heavy duty tarp off the AFK. I do this by attaching Sail Slugs https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?cat=152&item=75226&intAbsolutePage=1 to a tarp that then slides through the rope track on the AFK. This keeps the rain out fine and as you will see in my picture you just raise the tarp to have an extra size weatherproof awning. I also use a shade one normally on the other side. Depending on where we are at I can also move the tarp to the awning roller and slide the tarp with attached sail slugs into that on the long end of the tarp.
DSCF0454 (3) (1024x768).jpg
Cost. Tarp $26, Sail Slugs $1.65 each. The killer is the AFK cost, however I recommend you have these anyway just for the peace of mind of added strength of your awning.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
What would one be worth and what measurements would you need? Would you do it in canvas, vinyl or screen mesh?
I could do it in any of those, If you have one of those Aussie flap kits, could do it quite cheap at the moment. Vinyl would be to heavy I reckon , something lightweight like tarpol.

Still_dreamin

Jan 27, 2014
Brisbane Northside
@Graham, like @Crusty181 said you will need AFK. A cheap option is to attach a heavy duty tarp off the AFK. I do this by attaching Sail Slugs https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?cat=152&item=75226&intAbsolutePage=1 to a tarp that then slides through the rope track on the AFK. This keeps the rain out fine and as you will see in my picture you just raise the tarp to have an extra size weatherproof awning. I also use a shade one normally on the other side. Depending on where we are at I can also move the tarp to the awning roller and slide the tarp with attached sail slugs into that on the long end of the tarp.
View attachment 29798
Cost. Tarp $26, Sail Slugs $1.65 each. The killer is the AFK cost, however I recommend you have these anyway just for the peace of mind of added strength of your awning.

Thanks for the idea @craigandteena !!! I have just bought some sail slugs from a sailing shop and I now have a cheap porch.

Reactions: Smirke and JOBSWAN