Exterior Reversing camera location

Waratah

Jul 3, 2017
Melbourne
Hi All
After some advice on location of reversing camera, due to the bike rack my options are top right or centre just under rack (X Marks the spots) I've never used one before so not sure what location the best view would give.
Cheers Stu
IMG_20220610_132006_6.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would go the middle "X", you will find it gives a good coverage whether you have a reversing 120 deg cam or a rear view 90 deg cam, if you check the rear lights wiring loom you may find a live 12v cable there to give the cam a feed, makes for a shorter power run for it then just run the vid wire back to the tug.... I think the light feeds from the right hand side usually, if you have a cupboard in that spot I would just feed it straight thru the wall into the cupboard then down thru the floor and underneath up to the tug........... sometimes they pre wire but can be a bugga job finding it. My rear cams are on all the time as a rear view, works very well for those that hide behind you.

Reactions: mfexpanda

Waratah

Jul 3, 2017
Melbourne
Thanks Drover, I contemplated moving the bike rack down but I think that will get messy the centre position will bring the cable inside the ensuite cupboard so that'll be easier!
Cheers Stu

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You wouldn't want to move the bike rack, usually if fitted originally they have extra backing in the wall..... if no live wire in light harness and your fridge is nearby you can pick power up from the 12v tug supply to fridge and if you use it as a rear view cam, on all the time then if screen goes black you know you have lost power to fridge.. :becky: ... no sense running a dedicated power feed from tug.

Reactions: Waratah