Remember to relax on holiday

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Tourist hotspot locals stung by rudeness as 'grumpy' grey nomads swarm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-04/grey-nomads-urged-to-be-more-polite-in-tourist-towns/11349400

We are here in broome enjoying the wonderful surroundings. Park on the beach to enjoy the sunset, set up chairs to enjoy the view, and a grump parks right in front of our chairs (100m free in any direction) so we have to move.. sigh. I hope they enjoyed the sunset like we did.
I love caravanning and traveling, and the longer the period of travel the more I love it; it's like a fixed torque curve or astrophysics formula. I hate working more than anyone in history ever, it's very very pox and I have 3 years of hands-on coal face drudgery left (side issue; years leading into retirement are 3.5 times longer than normal years, they're like leap years on frigg'en steroids). Northern WA is the undisputed jewel on the Australian destination leader board. In 3.0001 years, when I get there, if I'm required to be a miserable whinging olde sod pain in the ar$e, you'd want to organize a long line of people ... cause you're probably going to have to punch me in the face a lot ... very often, to wipe that smile off my face. Lemons, even the big ones, just won't cut it

(PS that's or course when I'm not on the East Coast squatting on @mfexpanda's vacant block)

Last edited:

PeterV

Mar 25, 2015
Turramurra, NSW
Tourist hotspot locals stung by rudeness as 'grumpy' grey nomads swarm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-04/grey-nomads-urged-to-be-more-polite-in-tourist-towns/11349400

We are here in broome enjoying the wonderful surroundings. Park on the beach to enjoy the sunset, set up chairs to enjoy the view, and a grump parks right in front of our chairs (100m free in any direction) so we have to move.. sigh. I hope they enjoyed the sunset like we did.
Why do people do this? It’s similar to when you set up camp in a near empty camp ground and someone sets up camp right on top of you... jeez, it’s just so annoying.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
tumblr_pmlucmYShk1qf8nzg_500.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A lot of stupid, ignorant people view the world from a tunnel, unaware of their surroundings other than themselves, found at most tourist, camping spots, shopping centres and on our roads, I find the old buggers to be the most annoying as they seem to think by driving all the way here they have some sort of claim .....Like most that live in a place that draws the hordes it's only the shop keepers and PR wankers that love them, the rest of us just tolerate them usually....except for whizz bangers and back packers everyone hates them...............

There typical grumpy old local, I would fit in at Broome it seems but have no intention of going there ........ miserable old coot.

Reactions: Bluey and Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
A lot of stupid, ignorant people view the world from a tunnel, unaware of their surroundings other than themselves, found at most tourist, camping spots, shopping centres and on our roads, I find the old buggers to be the most annoying as they seem to think by driving all the way here they have some sort of claim .....Like most that live in a place that draws the hordes it's only the shop keepers and PR wankers that love them, the rest of us just tolerate them usually....except for whizz bangers and back packers everyone hates them...............

There typical grumpy old local, I would fit in at Broome it seems but have no intention of going there ........ miserable old coot.
Tourism or Foreign Minister for you, I can't decide ... lets vote??

Blybo

Nov 7, 2019
Melbourne
Like most that live in a place that draws the hordes it's only the shop keepers and PR wankers that love them, the rest of us just tolerate them usually.....

I have relatives that live in Merimbula and all the locals do is whinge about the tourists. I have to remind them of the facilities they have compared to most 3000 people towns, all because of those pesky tourists. They probably would have never moved there in the first place if not for those facilities and job prospects.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I live in Burrum Heads during the holidays the town population at least doubles in size, kids fishing laughing, riding their push bikes everywhere it’s so good to see the place comes alive the two caravan parks are full with families having fun, wouldn’t have it any other way. The local council has almost finished a new pontoon in the river in time for the Christmas holidays to give the kids another fishing option hopefully love this place

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have relatives that live in Merimbula and all the locals do is whinge about the tourists. I have to remind them of the facilities they have compared to most 3000 people towns, all because of those pesky tourists. They probably would have never moved there in the first place if not for those facilities and job prospects.

Being a Sth Coast NSW fella, I remember Merimbula and other places when they were quiet, nice little places, great camping then heaps of folk moved there because they liked the lovely settings, they then demanded kerb and guttering, footpaths, more shops, because they missed the conveinence of Canberra, Wollongong or Dandenong. Suddenly it turns to a colorbond jungle...........the bushland is gone along with what attracted everyone....Where I am now is surrounded by NP much to developers disgust I imagine, so only a small colorbond jungle. Just look at Hervey Bay to see how a really nice spot turns to surburbian jungle.

Reactions: chartrock

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I love caravanning and traveling, and the longer the period of travel the more I love it; it's like a fixed torque curve or astrophysics formula. I hate working more than anyone in history ever, it's very very pox and I have 3 years of hands-on coal face drudgery left (side issue; years leading into retirement are 3.5 times longer than normal years, they're like leap years on frigg'en steroids). Northern WA is the undisputed jewel on the Australian destination leader board. In 3.0001 years, when I get there, if I'm required to be a miserable whinging olde sod pain in the ar$e, you'd want to organize a long line of people ... cause you're probably going to have to punch me in the face a lot ... very often, to wipe that smile off my face. Lemons, even the big ones, just won't cut it

(PS that's or course when I'm not on the East Coast squatting on @mfexpanda's vacant block)
Ahhhhh id like to question this .......you say you hate work more than anyone .....realy what did you do yesterday ????? Hit your thumb with a hammer ???? When was the last time you did 12 hrs mon to fri then 7 on sat ....... train everyday millions of dollars breathing down your neck hurry up hurry up ............ 6 blokes comming in tomoz to concreat its got to be ready .........
Digging in solid rock 8 meters top to bottom ruff as guts body cops a flogging yea i love my job its great thankless body flogging where enough is never enough we need more hurry up
If only i was a cabinet maker
Sorry to hijack thread but realy pull your head in you could be cleaning bricks sorting sheep skins deboneing chickens yes i get paid well so do you it could be a lot worse we could be in retirement with our feet up on the beach complaining about people bringing money into town like mmmmm @Drover lol ok im finnished yes its the train brings out the best in me morning @Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ahhhhh id like to question this .......you say you hate work more than anyone .....realy what did you do yesterday ????? Hit your thumb with a hammer ???? When was the last time you did 12 hrs mon to fri then 7 on sat ....... train everyday millions of dollars breathing down your neck hurry up hurry up ............ 6 blokes comming in tomoz to concreat its got to be ready .........
Digging in solid rock 8 meters top to bottom ruff as guts body cops a flogging yea i love my job its great thankless body flogging where enough is never enough we need more hurry up
Sorry to hijack thread but realy pull your head in you could be cleaning bricks sorting sheep skins deboneing chickens yes i get paid well so do you it could be a lot worse we could be in retirement with our feet up on the beach complaining about people bringing money into town like mmmmm @Drover lol ok im finnished yes its the train brings out the best in me morning @Crusty181

Hang on, I'm just stating why lovely idylic places get changed into colorbond concrete mini suburbs..........and what visitors spend doesn't make up for the rise in rates councils spend to attract even more but I don't care anymore, better things to do than moan about what once was, stay away from gatherings as someone is havinga whings about something, I just don't care now........... but I can see now where a lot of these old whingers come from, after years of living and working in the city, stuck on trains, buses and traffic jams turns them into old whingers........ or maybe middle aged buggas.

Fred Flinstone smashing rocks at the Quarry has the it's with Barney......:p:p:p:p:behindsofa::biggrin-new:

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I stupidly thought after rebuilding the front of your caravan whilst you stood back watching and critisising, i might be immune from verbal attacks.

All i can say i some make good choices, others make awesome choices. I almost threw up when i read 12hr x 5 day weeks ... my good man, what poor sod does that

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Being a Sth Coast NSW fella, I remember Merimbula and other places when they were quiet, nice little places, great camping then heaps of folk moved there because they liked the lovely settings, they then demanded kerb and guttering, footpaths, more shops, because they missed the conveinence of Canberra, Wollongong or Dandenong. Suddenly it turns to a colorbond jungle...........the bushland is gone along with what attracted everyone....Where I am now is surrounded by NP much to developers disgust I imagine, so only a small colorbond jungle. Just look at Hervey Bay to see how a really nice spot turns to surburbian jungle.
Just for the record you are the only person since colonisation that has ever mentioned missing the convenience of Dandenong ...

(Although the new Kaufland mega supermarket is being built about 100mtrs from my factory. 5plus x bigger than the avg Coles or Woolies)

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I went to Dandenong once, I then stopped at Newsagents and bought a Melways so I wouldnt make that mistake again.
Great answer 5 stars i never go on that side of town unless im getting my van worked on by a very helpfull member here but soon hitail it out of there