Electrical Relocating Noisy Water Pump

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I did a search but can't find any post concerning the relocating of the water pump to under the floor. If anyone has relocated the pump, I'd appreciate some info/photos of the finished mod, and any tips on the best location! Or maybe I should just try the suggestions about the checking the hoses and putting rubber under the pump?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
One of my favourite mods that I did to my 14.44, worked a treat.... I moved mine to not only quieten things down but to get a lot of joiners outside the van and I actually was able to remove a couple, less flow restriction...........making sure the lines are insulated from the floor/wall especially where they go thru the floor will stop a lot of vibration transfer this should be done whether moving pump or not, on Big Mal I have insulated the lines around the pump so its barely audible now.

https://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/page-3#post-79165

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
I put ours under the floor as well. I put it inside an electrical enclosure to help keep it out of the mud/ rocks etc. the other thing it does is put it a bit lower so it doesn’t have to lift as high, we have always had trouble with the suction side of the pump. I also changed out the stupid little manual valves for each tank and put solenoid valves in their place, with switches inside. No more going outside to change tanks( we have 3 tanks under our van)