14' Series Rear External Shower Pressure

Ted farkas

Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

Have a 2014 outback with a rear external shower - pressure has always been pour with dribble not spray, finally getting around to sorting it, does anyone have the same problem or a fix.

While i'm at it has anyone fitted a diesel heater as well.

Regards
Ted

Sep 1, 2017
Newcastle
My 2013 did the same. Tried different hoses, pulled apart the brass 1 way pressure valve under the van. Turned out to be a second one way valve built into the bit where you connect you hose into. (Not shower - town water ). Ripped the valve out as its not needed and problem fixed

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
To the second part of your question...
I fitted a 5kw diesel heater. $180 delivered from china. There are only 2 sizes although they advertise 2, 3,5,8kw etc. The smaller one is more compact but is hard to get and they will try to send you a 5kw with a 2kw sticker.
Mine works really well and super happy with it. Good idea to join the facebook group 'Chinese diesel vehicle air heaters - troubleshooting & parts sales' as it has tons of install ideas and fault finding.

Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.......have to investigate more with the shower - I have extended the house about a metre but shouldn't; have made a difference as it still ran crap without the extension.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
All the vans I've had or played with I pulled the water saver bit out of the shower heads, actually did it in the house as well......... get decent pressure and in the long run saves water..... On my 14.44 I re-routed my water lines, took out a lot of bends, a metre of line and generally made a vast improvement in flow .... also flushed out some plastic drill swirl which was slowing things down.