Re-igniting the financial support to help spread the Forum costs

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I think it's about time we gave the donation tin other shake for the cost and labours carried by one guy ... whoever the hell he is

I continually notice the donation box and give it sweet bugger all attention but for some stupid reason clicked on it this morning where I discovered that the initial annual hand up for the $1500 target is around 18 months old now, and despite the patronage of the forum, the time thats expired that total was never reached and only a few of the newer member have jumped onto the donation list of late, which is great but made me feel a little guilty. And in true Crusty style, my guilt is now your guilt.

Through this forum Ive gained many good friends both real and cyber, along with some some questionable associates (you know who you are), as well as a wealth of info, help and support over the years. The knowledge and generosity of the membership is truly awesome to say the least, and the enthusiasm to jump in and help is contagious (possible a bad use of the word in view of the lingering Car-avan-Owner Virus)

Im a late bloomer to social media in general, and was on here many many years before the mainstream social sewer of Facebook. Eventually joining the other platforms and expecting them to be similar to Expanders Downunder ..... you can imagine the horror I discovered. This forum is unique, and Expanda Jesus deserves some ("some", I wont over do it) credit and support from his loyal disciples. I feel like a big part of this community, and I feel like we (and by we, I mean you) have the obligation to chip in.

More often than I should I skirt around the forums bull$hit censor by using "$" instead of "S", and there is at least some of this being aimed at avoiding any future scrutiny ... so help me to continue using $hit words and inappropriate derivatives by putting your hand in your pockets again for the great man.

Ive just now appointed myself as the annual guilt filled fundraising button pusher .... so get on board before I shame you .... (again, you know who you are, and you know I will)

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I hope Im a Questionable Associate, hate to be just lumped in with the Friend plebs...or did I miss the list entirely.....:bump::amen:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If I was Psychic do you think I would be dragging a 9 yr old van around (actually probably would Big Mal is cool) I would have won Lotto a few times by now, paid for 20 yrs of operating this site and have my RAM 1500 in one of the driveways, a Grand in the other with a nice Guzzi in the shed and the heli pad would be occupied by my whirlybird................. so No, not Psychic must be Psycho but I'm a QUEENSLANDER they go together I've been told numerous times.

Okay no cash register bells ringing................

Reactions: Crusty181

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Jesus, you are a hard audience ..... when the hat gets passed around, it's not to put on your head $$$$$$$$

Keep on them @Crusty181 , perhaps they need to be named and shamed?? A bit tough for some especially at this time, but before buying more bling for one's tug/van, perhaps tip some funds into the system. Members of this great forum, @Crusty has led by example... don't let him get all the glory!!!

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Keep on them @Crusty181 , perhaps they need to be named and shamed?? A bit tough for some especially at this time, but before buying more bling for one's tug/van, perhaps tip some funds into the system. Members of this great forum, @Crusty has led by example... don't let him get all the glory!!!
Its easier just to list those not on this years $hit list ... there's only 2 of us ;)

Reactions: Boots in Action