Electrical RCA Leads

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Our van has a factory fitted Pioneer Stereo/Cd player. There are 2 RCA leads that come down from the roof in the overhead cupboard behind the stereo.

What are they for?
1/ Connect TV to stereo?
2/ Connect another device to stereo?

Any clues and hints on instructions would be handy. Thanks in advance.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Connects to your audio out jacks on your tv (or DVD or PVR etc). Then choose aux on your Pioneer stereo 'head unit' and you'll have the sound from the TV coming through your van speakers.
You may of course need to extend the leads to reach your tv.
Cheers
Andrew.

Reactions: macca

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Connects to your audio out jacks on your tv (or DVD or PVR etc). Then choose aux on your Pioneer stereo 'head unit' and you'll have the sound from the TV coming through your van speakers.
You may of course need to extend the leads to reach your tv.
Cheers
Andrew.
Thanks, All works OK. Kogan sound sounds like surround sound now. Thanks Andrew.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
We have the leads as well but only the Fusion head deck. The Fusion doesn't have RCA aux input! Will be upgrading at some stage as can't stand crap sound after working in a high end Hifi shop for 4 years.

BJ.

daznmel

Oct 21, 2013
My Van had the RCA cables with the Fusion Head Deck.. after a bit of mucking around discovered the unit had no RCA input.. The cable is just sitting in the cavity behind the unit.. Never got an answer out of Jayco why they installed the cable in the van in the first place..
Anyway grateful they did.. I connected a RCA to 3.5mm adapter lead, fed it out the gap and plug it into the Fusion front 3.5mm input..
TV sounds much better now.

Reactions: BLJM

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
My Van had the RCA cables with the Fusion Head Deck.. after a bit of mucking around discovered the unit had no RCA input.. The cable is just sitting in the cavity behind the unit.. Never got an answer out of Jayco why they installed the cable in the van in the first place..
Anyway grateful they did.. I connected a RCA to 3.5mm adapter lead, fed it out the gap and plug it into the Fusion front 3.5mm input..
TV sounds much better now.
That's a ripper. I also spent a couple of hours chasing cables back then got excited when I could see cables not connected to stereo so pulled it out only to find no where to connect them, good one Jayco. Cheers daznmel.

Reactions: Bmhdg76