17' Series Qld weather

Scottos

Feb 18, 2015
Hi all, I am currently in the middle of a 1 month trip with my wife and 2 daughters and we are heading to the Gold Coast tomorrow, but we are a little concerned about the weather as they are expecting 200 ml of rain plus wind, we have a new 17-56-02 which we got November last year, just wondering whether the Expanda will cope with weather like this or thinking we may have to get a motel room, has anyone had any experiences with weather like this?? Thanks in advance :)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @Scottos and welcome to the Gold Coast. Your van will hold up in the forecasted weather. It is mainly heavy rain predicted, no hail, and some strong winds. Just be careful with your awning, don't put it out in strong winds unless you have a strong anti-flap kit and even then I would probably leave it locked to the side of the van. If you really get worried you could pull the top down but this should not be necessary. The vans are really quite strong and it should be a good test for leaks. :D

Where are you staying on the coast?

Reactions: Drover and Bmhdg76

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome to the group and you should be right, if need help a yell on here will surely bring some local members to the rescue. Just don't park under tree's.

Reactions: Capt. Gadget

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
Bad week choice. Rain till Wednesday at this point.
60km winds on Saturday says see breeze.
Set your van up with your awning /door side facing south. All the strong winds are North, North westerly.