Exterior Public Weighbridge Brisbane

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Folks,
Thinking of pulling the new van over a Weighbridge when it arrives, found a few in Brisbane online, but I would be interested in recommendations on which one folks here have used, and are they free or cost $$.
Thx

Reactions: FiveInAVan

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey Mate I planned the same thing only to find when I got there it was one of those automated ones where truckies have cards so it wasn't always manned! I don't know about Brisbane but later on here I found our council tip were able to issue a weighbridge certificate so where as good as a public weighbridge

Reactions: FiveInAVan

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Ours are "environmental protection units" or some such polically correct spruik.

To me, it's still "the dump".

I'm also wondering how to find a weigh bridge and how to find if we can use it for checking weights.

Will watch with interest.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've thought about it, then thought if I do it properly it means hitching and unhitching, so stuff it...................I would like to know the tare of my truck, then what its like when loaded for tripping, then drag the van over when it's at a base weight and again when it's locked and loaded, then the whole shebang so thats 5 runs over the bridge, what a pain.......would certainly cost me a carton at my old place of employment they would more than likely try to get me to come back to work........................they won't pay me a big enough bribe.

I'm pretty good at guessing though, I knew my truck was overloaded and I guessed by 5 ton and when I went on the bridge at work, bingo 5.5ton over, we won't mention the other time, hell we were heavy, spuds with a storm coming, threw them on and got going out of the paddock and hoped the scallies weren't about......................oopppsssss, off topic again, get another XXXX.

Check them all out here ; http://www.publicweighbridge.com.au/?page_id=13

Last edited:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
If you wanted to do a general.check of the whole rig while travelling can you go into the RTA weighbridges that the trucks use and ask to be checked, or would they hunt you out of there.
Our local dump/ tip/ Wastes transfer station doesnt have a weighbridge.
Though have heard a local factory has one and will do weights after hours, for small donation to the gate keepers hip pocket.

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I used the public one in wetherill park when I got the Starcraft replated. They charge per ticket so the main one is done hitched. Then I just poped on a jockey wheel (didn't have the Bos370 or battery drill then) and wound it down to the hitch was off the tow ball and weighed her again. No need to disconnect anything else, paperwork took longer?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Next time to check it loaded went to the tip just paid a pittance cause all I wanted was the number not a certificate maybe $12? . Didn't even charge me for the cruiser weight check.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Heavens above don't drive into a Transport weighbridge, they would more than likely yell at you but they might just put you over the pit or put you on the rattler...scary.......................and if they did weigh you anyway, guess what would happen if you pinged the scales.........................:o

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I once asked a scaley if I could put in at the truck weigh station - the response was "sure. but if you're over we book you..."

I have a single platform one at the local metal recycler which I've used on occasion.
But better are the ones at BP truck stops. Multi-platform so you can get the axles individually, plus the ball weight. $17 certified from point A to B.
Refer to http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp-co...-cafes-truck-stops/truck-plus-interactive.pdf
According to that, it looks like there's only one up your way; at BP Port of Brisbane.
(A good number within 50km of Melb tho) :)

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Hey @Holden_man I have used 2, but a sma distance to travel for eaither. As you are on the south side, there is a quarry at Mt Cotton, they were free if you did not want a ticket. They were happy for me to take my time and in hook.

The other is Nelsens concrete at Brendale. They were the same, really great to work with. No cost, as I drove through he called out the weights. Then unhooked for the final weight. Both were really good. Better than the dump, tip or transfer station.

The Mt cotton one would probably be closer, I can give you more details of where it is.

Tim

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I use my local one at Laverton in melb 10 mins from my house a BP multi deck if I get a docket 17 bucks no docket just wright weight down on paper its FREE did it on Monday with an empty van bloody thing is still heavy

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hey @Holden_man I have used 2, but a sma distance to travel for eaither. As you are on the south side, there is a quarry at Mt Cotton, they were free if you did not want a ticket. They were happy for me to take my time and in hook.

The other is Nelsens concrete at Brendale. They were the same, really great to work with. No cost, as I drove through he called out the weights. Then unhooked for the final weight. Both were really good. Better than the dump, tip or transfer station.

The Mt cotton one would probably be closer, I can give you more details of where it is.

Tim
Hi Tim, I would appreciate the details for Mt Cotton too if you could PM me. I'm not sure when I could get there but I would like to try. :frusty:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I use my local one at Laverton in melb 10 mins from my house a BP multi deck if I get a docket 17 bucks no docket just wright weight down on paper its FREE did it on Monday with an empty van bloody thing is still heavy
the bp on the geelong bypass Melbourne bound has one too @Bluey

CousinLarry

May 28, 2019
Nd513112
Hi all and old post but, I'll add it to it.
There is a public weighbridge in Piper Street, Caboolture - just off Aerodrome Road on the Bribie Island turn off from the Bruce Highway. Cost is $30 (as of July 2019) Helpful guy there weighed my overall mass, caravan mass and calculated my towball mass.
There is also a weighbridge at the Dakabin Dump - They would probably let you drive over and straight out again.

Reactions: Drover