Chassis Powrwheel installation

Bazza

Oct 31, 2012
Caloundra
I recently picked up one of these power movers and I am wondering if anyone has fitted on to an Outback expander. I struggling to work out the best way to fit it. I'm thinking behind the wheel rather then in front as the steps would get in the way. I've also noticed that the suspension sticks out a bit so would have to work out a way around that. Any suggestions?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We've got an Optitech power mover which we find is great.

It's only for moving van at home...up a slope and on an angle into a shed....and it works brilliantly. Unless you want to change height so fridge works...another story.

Ours just replaces the jockey wheel, is powered from van battery via Anderson plug, and is operated by remote control.

Love it!

But can't help with your dilemma....sorry.

Bazza

Oct 31, 2012
Caloundra
hiya @Bazza
I have only ever seen them mounted behind the wheels,
I do recall a thread (somewhere, sorry I cannot find) where someone had pictures
was a fare while ago..........................
Thanks for the info. It might be time to get a bit creative I guess.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@Bazza you talking about the ones that mount to each side of the van behind the wheels normally? If so when I have viewed them at shows I thought they stated not suitable for outbacks ? That's not to say you couldn't just might need "more creative thinking as you say"

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Bazza you talking about the ones that mount to each side of the van behind the wheels normally? If so when I have viewed them at shows I thought they stated not suitable for outbacks ? That's not to say you couldn't just might need "more creative thinking as you say"

I got told the same thing, not suitable for the independent suspension

Reactions: bigcol