Electrical Power points not working

BunchOfHunts

Jan 12, 2020
Melbourne
We have a 2014 17.56.1 which we are currently living in as we travel around Oz.

We just pulled up at a camp site in a caravan park and half of our power isn't working. The point for the microwave, the one next to the bench, and the one for the fridge have no power. We had just gone over some corrugations so I'm guessing something may have come loose.

I've tried fuses and the cutoff switch with no luck. All the electricians in the area are booked out for weeks.

Any ideas on where to start to problem solve this myself. I'd like to look at the back of the fuse panel but it would mean disconnecting the battery to get the box open. Should I start there?

Thanks

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The power points on Jayco's are plug and play, unlike house hold power points these have sockets at the back for the supply line to plug in, all junctions on the line are plug/sockets as well, this is done so Jayco don''t need sparkies so no sparky required really, if you look in your cupboard spaces you should see a beige cable which goes to each power point, it will even have 2 into 1 junctions, so with power off unplug and reconnect each of these connectors while checking for any burn marks but if it hasn't tripped the breaker I would say one has unplugged itself..
They run in a string usually, to hone in on the break grab a portable 240v unit, light, drill etc and plug into each power point to see if it works, start nearest to the 240 breaker, once you find the one that is dead then look inside the nearest cupboard for the connector, turn off 240 and start reconnecting....., probable break between the last live one and the dead one of course.

There are no fuses for the 240 other than the main RCD circuit breaker..... the 12v system and 240 are totally seperate systems...
Make sure you pull the mains lead before you start playing with the sockets and plugs.

This is what the lead connecting the power points looks like, with joiner plugs.

1645602634759.png

rags

Hi @BunchOfHunts
Welcome, we are a friendly bunch here
I assume you are the same Mark who asked the same over on the Facebook page.
As @Drover has suggested and I did the same on FB, I suggest you have a look to see if the connecting CMS leads of a power point has come loose. The leads will just loop from the source inlet to the last power outlet ( most likely the external power point)

BunchOfHunts

Jan 12, 2020
Melbourne
PXL_20220224_013614028.jpg

Thanks heaps for the advice.

The connection problem seems to be between these 2 points. The left hand one which is closest to power source works but the right one does not.
The problem is that we cant get the right hand point to pull out of the wall to have a look. The connections on the left are in place. Do I need to remove the entire section where the microwave is to have a look?