Positive return

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
I have recently been away from the site as I was finding it hard to write anything positive as after every trip we seemed to be dropping the expanda back to Jayco. The last trip in September we had no power to the fridge so had to run Gas all week and the water inlet constantly leaked. Jayco have now repaired them and we are waiting to go away in December for a week. This is where I will now be postive and say surely nothing else can go wrong. We store our van off site so its hard to tinker and generally have a play to check all is good. we do love going away in it so heres to our next trip.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Fingers crossed randl. One thing you can be certain of with Jayco is that they will generally fix things. It's the heartache whilst going through the issues that is hard to bear. Hope that's the end for you.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Think positive Randl007. But i do know how you feel. We had our shower wall in our brand new 16.49-3 repaired as it was coming adrift and when we got the van home, there was other damage that Jayco had caused to the van...grrr
Anyway, still have not been on a trip - going in 5 weeks for 4 weeks but when we get back, the van is already booked in to have the Awning replaced, the other bathroom side wall fixed, the roof fixed (probably a dead strut), one of the awning arm handles has to be replaced and a strut on the bed end has to be replaced as they damaged it when putting the bed end down due to it being install in an incorrect location.

But hey, at least they do repair things, just not quickly. You just need to get everything done in warranty period (in my view should be more than 12mths due to cost of product and life span of product) and then move on. Don't get emotional, easier said then done though.

Enjoy your trip and fingers are crossed for you.

Ants

greggels

Aug 2, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Hi Randl007

When you say the water inlet constantly leaked, on our last trip the hose was dripping at the click on inlet but we ended up with water on the inside of the van, is this the same issue you had and if so what did they do to fix it?

Cheers Greg

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Hi Greg, yes the inlet was dripping however we had no water come into the van. Jayco replaced the inlet nozzle. I think it's a common problem.

Hi Randl007

When you say the water inlet constantly leaked, on our last trip the hose was dripping at the click on inlet but we ended up with water on the inside of the van, is this the same issue you had and if so what did they do to fix it?

Cheers Greg

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Hi Ants I feel your pain we have had
a long list but looking on the bright side it is all done under Warranty. I agree the warranty should be longer

QUOTE=Antman;24606]Think positive Randl007. But i do know how you feel. We had our shower wall in our brand new 16.49-3 repaired as it was coming adrift and when we got the van home, there was other damage that Jayco had caused to the van...grrr
Anyway, still have not been on a trip - going in 5 weeks for 4 weeks but when we get back, the van is already booked in to have the Awning replaced, the other bathroom side wall fixed, the roof fixed (probably a dead strut), one of the awning arm handles has to be replaced and a strut on the bed end has to be replaced as they damaged it when putting the bed end down due to it being install in an incorrect location.

But hey, at least they do repair things, just not quickly. You just need to get everything done in warranty period (in my view should be more than 12mths due to cost of product and life span of product) and then move on. Don't get emotional, easier said then done though.

Enjoy your trip and fingers are crossed for you.

Ants[/QUOTE]

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Not sure if I should post this but we returned from our holiday and the van is booked in to Jayco for yet another problem. I am unsure if it needs to go inso if anyone else has this problem then please let me know. When we came to raise the roof we put the rear up first then tried the front and it would not raise on pushing up. After a little playing around we got it up. After our weeks holiday it seemed to work OK I will check it out on our next trip and see. If you have experienced this then please let me know. Still looking on the bright side of life.

POD

Dec 18, 2012
Newcastle Region
randl,

Before attempting to raise roof, ensure all external latches are released!

Problem fixed, no need to thank me, I do it for the general good. Any other problems?!?!?!?!?!

Cheers,

POD

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
randl,

Before attempting to raise roof, ensure all external latches are released!

Problem fixed, no need to thank me, I do it for the general good. Any other problems?!?!?!?!?!

Cheers,

POD

If only it was that simple !!!!

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Randl007,

Sounds like we have the same problem with our 17.56-2 OB :(

If we raise either the front or back first, then the other end will not raise. Have to carefully lift roof up by opening hands and pushing gently on the ceiling near the lift points.

If you use the metal bar, it actually tries to pull the roof down.

It's on our warranty list too.

Still, this and other niggles are not stopping us having a great time with the van :)

Rohan

POD

Dec 18, 2012
Newcastle Region
It does sound bizarre, I'm only trying to eliminate some possibles:

1. Do you have the awning lever in the open position?

2. Do you have the door open when trying to lift the second end?

3. Is the roof where it meets the lower roof when closed "sealing" due to an over-zealous pinch weld or possibly some excess glue on it?

4. Does it happen if you raise the other end first?

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
It does sound bizarre, I'm only trying to eliminate some possibles:

1. Do you have the awning lever in the open position?

2. Do you have the door open when trying to lift the second end?

3. Is the roof where it meets the lower roof when closed "sealing" due to an over-zealous pinch weld or possibly some excess glue on it?

4. Does it happen if you raise the other end first?
Thanks POD

Have looked into these but still have a problem. I think Jayco need to have a look. We have used it every month since having it in March so I think the struts may be a problem. I will see what Jayco say.
Thanks for the problem solving though that's the beauty of this site everyone puts in their bit and it always helps in some way.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
As Pod said

Awning in open postion, on my 16 I have to open the awning a little to release the roof latches
Door always open
And I was told by dealer "ALWAYS" front of roof first (for up) Back first when closing

Though if mine has not been open for some time (Not used) the seals of the POP TOP stick and is hard to open and usually the seals on the long sides rip out, I've had to put them back a few time now and it's a pain in the arse, even tried spraying with silicone spray to stop them sticking.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hey Bushman, did the dealer say WHY to do the front first?

From memory it was something to do with being closest to the door to release pressure/vacuum and if you look on the right side opposite the door there's a small vent in the vinyl section thats meant to have something to do with it.