Toy Hauler positive pressure system on work n play?

whiplash

Mar 3, 2014
Just wondering if anyone has built a positive pressure system for the work n play by any chance? I'm doing the Gibb next month and going to need something for the dust. Wanting to get ideas

whiplash

Mar 3, 2014
Cheers skip...missus is sewing up some Velcro covers for the vents already, tape for the door edges. I,ve just gone over the whole van with silicon.

I saw that pressure system which is pretty neat I just wondering if anyone did some thing different specific to wnp.

Reactions: skippy

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Just wondering if anyone has built a positive pressure system for the work n play by any chance? I'm doing the Gibb next month and going to need something for the dust. Wanting to get ideas
Hey whiplash i have fitted a bilge blower to our van but have not yet been able to test it. With the door vent blocked (when travelling) should be good as it pumps heaps of air out the top side wall vent and range hood vent. I also vent around and removed all sealant around pipes through the floor and re-sealed mine as they were fairly hit and miss from the factory. there are some pic's here http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/van-pressurized.4914/#post-70783

whiplash

Mar 3, 2014
thanks for the link coled1970.

The sealing of the vans are pretty poor aren't they. all of my tie down points in the rear had little drain holes in them that were not sealed up. So had to go through them as well as around them. With having a big door on the back poses a pretty big threat to dust coming in.

I like your idea however I am planning on doing a number of water crossings and am a bit dubious as to if that would be suitable as the filter would function as a nice entry point for water. Interesting none the less but i assume that is for an expanda also in which case I don't have the luxury of that type of space.

Having thought about it a bit more I am really taking an interest into utilising the space behind the fridge to mount all the gear. I think this is a good point for ease of installation as you can also grab 12v from the fridge power from van to run the blower. At least then it only receives power from car when connected and a simple relay will allow it to be turned off when ign is off from vehicle or via switch. also use space you dont use anyway. I just need to figure out a way to have the intake.

whiplash

Mar 3, 2014
I'm surprised nobody has commented yet on a work n play or somebody has discovered one done especially considering most bike people would have them and going out to dirt tracks.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
True mate, I throw my bike in the back of the ute :)

I reckon what you have done sounds good mate, its what i have done to mine. I would also get under the van at night with a torch and get someone inside to see if they can see any light come through.

Remember though just dont think about dust ingress but also protect any vulnerable pipes, wiring etc under the van from rock strikes.

:tea: